Costa Rica Blog 1

Today marks the end of our first day in Costa Rica and so far, it has been an exciting time. Our first day was filled with travels, greetings, and good food. Once we arrived in San Jose, we went to get our rental car, and from there the adventure began! After picking up the rental car we traversed through the city of San Jose. With an experienced Tico (Costa Rican) on board, it made it easier for me to explore this new city and helped me get my bearings straight much quicker than I expected. It took a few wrong turns before we found our hotel but nevertheless, we had a seamless drive through the city. With check-in complete we dropped our bags off in our rooms and then headed out for a walk around the vicinity. Luckily, the rain held off which made way for a nice walk. The group walked up an appetite, so we stopped into a restaurant to grab a quick bite to eat. After a tasty snack we headed back to the hotel to reconvene. We then got ready and socialized with the rest of the group before heading out for dinner. Tonight’s dinner was at El Boyero, a local Costa Rican restaurant a short drive from the hotel. Here we got a chance to meet some locals and here their stories. We also got to enjoy some delicious foods and hear some good music! In short, the first day was great. Everyone we met was very friendly and helpful, even the customs agent at the airport! I’m excited to see what the rest of the trip has in store for me.