With Who: U.S. Department of State
Location: Charleston, SC
Dates: Summer 2021
Compensation: $31,520 to $40,974 per year (This is a non-temporary excepted appointment expected to last more than 1 year.)
Hours: 20 hours per week (at least), between 8:00 am – 5:30 pm on Monday – Friday
Position Summary: (This is a paid internship.) This vacancy announcement will be open from April 29,2021 to May 4, 2021 or when 50 applications have been received. The vacancy will close on whichever day the first of these conditions are met. If the application limit is reached on the same day the announcement opened, the open and close date will be the same. Candidates are encouraged to read the entire announcement before submitting their application packages.
Responsibilities: This position is assigned to the Executive Office of the Bureau of the Comptroller and Global Financial Services (CGFS), which provides an accountable, efficient, and transparent financial management platform that furthers the U.S. government’s and Department of State’s global foreign affairs mission, provides accurate and high-value financial information, and supports quality stewardship over financial operations and resources. The Executive Office Manages the Bureau’s finances, budget submissions, strategic planning, ISSO functions and cybersecurity, IT, HR, Administrative and other general services including procurement, space planning, local fleet management and inventories of assets.
As a Student Trainee (Human Resources) GS-04, you will:
- Provides management with procedural and regulatory staffing assistance, under the guidance of a Senior HR Specialist
- Identifies way to aid in the improvement or enhancement of staffing and recruitment planning.
- Promotes internal and external training, under the guidance of a Senior HR Specialist
- Identifies and recommends learning activities that support the bureau’s mission
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Incumbent will be subject to random drug testing.
- Verification of employment eligibility in the United States is required.
- Must be at least 16 years of age by the closing date of the announcement.
- Verification from the academic institution confirming acceptance into a qualifying program.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher on a scale of 4.0.
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment at a qualifying educational institution with at least a half-time course load.
- Must maintain student eligibility for duration of internship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- All transcripts or educational documentation must reflect a projected graduation date after the Spring 2022 semester.
Qualifications: Completion of 2 full academic years of post-high school study or an associate’s degree AND currently accepted to/enrolled in a qualifying degree or certificate program.
Application Deadline: May 4th (or when 50 applicants are received) – apply ASAP!
Apply (or request more information): Check out the full internship posting today and get your application materials submitted via the USA Jobs portal!
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021
- D.C. United: Seeks Manager of Video Content - September 14, 2021
- Parlay Vous: Seeking Sales and Marketing Intern (Fall 2021) - September 10, 2021