With Who: Touchpoint Communications
Location: Charleston, SC
Dates: Summer 2021
Position Summary: Are you enthusiastic, pro-active and excited to have an internship with REAL tasks? Then you should apply to this public relations internship.
You’ll work for Touchpoint Communications, a division of FishBaitSolutions, focusing on tourism destinations in South Carolina (may work on other clients, too).
You’ll learn how to:
- Uncover what’s special about the people, sites and offerings make each destination marketable.
- Write and pitch media via email
- Create press releases & media advisories
- Utilize the Cision media database & create media contact lists
- Vet & outreach to social media influencers
- Plan events & create itineraries for visiting journalists & influencers
- Prior PR experience is a plus
- Keen interest in Public Relations
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Good work ethic; ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Must use personal laptop
- Ability to work at our office on King Street or remotely
Notes: This is an unpaid internship for experience or course credit. Would like to create a schedule with the candidate (8+ hours per week). Intern will report directly to Cristy Armstrong, account director.
Apply (or request more information): To apply, please email your résumé and a note about your qualifications to Cristy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021
- D.C. United: Seeks Manager of Video Content - September 14, 2021
- Parlay Vous: Seeking Sales and Marketing Intern (Fall 2021) - September 10, 2021