We are looking for individuals who would like to come to work for a small, independent regulatory agency dedicated to saving lives. We aim to protect the public from the unreasonable risk of injury and death from consumer products. Every U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission employee is proud to be a part of a team that works together to assure that the products you use every day are safe. Consider a position at the CPSC as your career choice so that you can make a difference!
The CPSC is seeking student interns for the summer under the Pathways Summer Internship Program. These appointments are full-time during the summer with a not-to-exceed date of September 27, 2019. Internship are provided for students with a desire to work in the consumer product safety field and/or public sector and assignments are designed to complement the interns educational pursuits while meeting the expressed needs of the agency and individual CPSC organizations. Positions are available in the following offices located in Bethesda Maryland:
- Office of Communications
- Office of Compliance
- Office of Hazard Identification and Reduction
- Office of Information & Technology Services
- Office of Financial Management, Planning, and Evaluation
- Office of the Inspector General
- Office of Human Resources Management
- Office of the Executive Director
You will gain valuable professional, administrative, and/or technical on-the-job training and experience with the opportunity to explore future career possibilities with the CPSC. You will perform support work in connection with the assignments and projects of the office to which you are assigned in Bethesda, Maryland.
Ideal candidates for these internships are individuals pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree programs in business administration or management, communications, statistics or mathematics, accounting, compliance, information technology, and human resources.
- GS-0399 General Administrative/Data Support
- GS-0599 Accounting
- GS-1199 Business and Procurement
- GS-1099 Information and Communications
- GS-1599 Statistics/Mathematics
- GS-1899 Compliance
- GS-2299 Information Technology
- GS-0299 Human Resources
Candidates will be considered on the basis of the applicability of their education to specific CPSC assignments.
To view internship description and information on how to apply, visit: https://cofc.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2532349
Nicole RussoNicole Russo
- Communications Internship with CofC’s Division of Information Technology - July 11, 2019
- Sales/Marketing Internship with Grey Ghost Bakery - April 22, 2019
- PR Internship with The Public Theater - April 12, 2019