With Who: South City PR
Location: Charleston, SC
Dates: Fall 2021
Hours: 10 hours per week
Position Description: South City PR is a full-service boutique firm with offices in Charleston and New York and offers our clients local, regional, and national exposure in print, digital, and social media platforms. We focus largely on hospitality clients which include multiple award-winning restauranteurs, chefs, hoteliers, bartenders, and lifestyle brands.
We are currently seeking to fill two positions for this fall:
- Public Relations – team member will work closely with our team of publicists to gain hands-on experience in the public relations realm. Tasks include but are not limited to drafting pitches, press releases, and media advisories, maintaining media lists, local, regional, and national media outreach, market research, and more.
- Social Media – team member will work closely with our Social Media Manager on multiple client accounts. Tasks include but are not limited to creating tailored messaging and innovative social media campaigns, interacting with influencers, account maintenance based on client needs, and more.
* Multiple positions for each role may be available for the right candidate(s).
Your Skills and Expertise:
- Communications student with an interest in hospitality and tourism and Public Relations
- Ability to take initiative and perform tasks in a self-sufficient manner (position is remote)
- Able to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Eager to learn
Note: We require a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week for each available role. These positions are unpaid but we are happy to meet any requirements for students to receive academic credit throughout the duration of their internship.
Apply (or request more information): To inquire, please send an email to Jasmine Powell (firstname.lastname@example.org) along with your resume and cover letter. Please identify which position you are applying for in the subject line along with your name.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- CofC Grad School: Seeks Director of Marketing and Recruitment - October 24, 2021
- CofC Institutional Events: Seeks Administrative Support Specialist - October 10, 2021
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021