Location: Remote (organization based in Columbia, SC)
Dates: Fall 2021 (potential to go through Spring 2022)
Hours: 10-15 hours per week
Position Summary: SC Women in Leadership ( SC WIL) is looking for one or more part-time interns to support its marketing and communications activities. The intern(s) will work collaboratively with the WIL staff team and volunteers to assist with developing and implementing external communications and marketing campaigns to encourage and engage women in leadership opportunities around their three pillars: Fair Voting, Filling the Pipeline, and Reducing Polarization. This is a part-time position requiring ten to fifteen hours per week. We are looking for volunteers able to work for experience, connections, and without pay, but a modest stipend may be available to highly-qualified, committed individuals. Our preference is a candidate who can work through the full academic year. There is some flexibility with the hours and length of internship.
The marketing intern will be a part of SC WIL’s communications team and will report to the President and Chief Operating Officer. This position will assist with day to day marketing duties to expand the reach of SC WIL including: developing organizational messaging, media outreach, social media, and event support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing organizational and project-based marketing and communication plans and strategies
- Write and edit communications messages including email messages, e-newsletters, press releases, talking points, website, social media, etc.
- Work with the SC WIL team to amplify and increase the reach of social media campaigns
- Create Facebook events
- Analyze data to identify trends and opportunities to provide input on marketing campaigns
- Assist with event communications and logistics
- Develop and execute communication strategies to engage diverse women
- Ensure marketing and communications messages promote equity and inclusiveness
- Model, cultivate, and monitor positive image and reputation of the organization
- Provide support to our communications team by attending meetings and events
- Other research and support responsibilities as required
- Marketing experience in college and/or real world experience
- A thorough understanding of social media platforms
- Excellent communication skills in person, by phone and in writing
- A passionate, positive, and willing-to-learn attitude
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Willingness to work as a team to accomplish goals
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to staying on-task while managing multiple priorities and responsibilities while working remotely
- Experience using Google drive and project management software (or ability and willingness to learn)
- The position may occasionally require meeting or attending an event in person
Application Deadline: September 15, 2021 at 2:55 PM.
Apply (or request more information): Email resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.