With Who: Santee Cooper
Location: Moncks Corner, SC
Dates: Summer 2021 (begins May 17, 2021 – 10-12 weeks in length)
Hours: 40 hours per week
- Rising Sophomore $13.00 per hour
- Rising Junior $14.00 per hour
- Rising Senior $15.00 per hour
Position Description: (This is a paid internship.) The primary responsibility of a Public Relations Intern is to assist in providing writing services used in day-to-day internal and external communications to include research, writing, proofreading and distribution of information.
Writing for Santee Cooper’s publications
Special event planning Database maintenance
Photography and videography
- Writing and interviewing skills for articles in the utility’s publications digital photography skills for the newsletter, as needed.
- Strong computer expertise with knowledge of various writing and design computer programs effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of computer technology for writing, editing and design
In addition, the candidate must:
- Have completed their first year at a 4-year college or 2-year college (transfer program).
- Be pursuing a degree in Journalism, Communications or English.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Successfully undergo pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Application Deadline: Applications close on January 15, 2021 at 12:00 AM.
Apply (or request more information): Apply today on the CofC Handshake Portal! You must complete all sections of the employment application OR attach a resume to be considered. Applications with incomplete information cannot be considered. You must also complete the questionnaire to be considered. Please note: If you worked for Santee Cooper during previous summers, please update your resume/application to reflect your work history. Selected candidate will be required to provide a copy of their transcripts.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021
- D.C. United: Seeks Manager of Video Content - September 14, 2021
- Parlay Vous: Seeking Sales and Marketing Intern (Fall 2021) - September 10, 2021