With Who: Rheos Nautical Eyewear
Location: Charleston, SC (remote available)
Dates: Fall 2021
Hours: 10-15 hours per week
Compensation: $12-14 per hour
Position Summary: (This is a paid internship.) Local sunglass brand Rheos Nautical Eyewear is seeking a part-time, paid intern for the fall semester to assist with graphic design. This position is meant to be a fun learning experience, providing an opportunity to learn more about the graphic design industry and to collaborate with/network with recent college graduates.
Rheos Nautical Eyewear is owned by a husband-wife duo with a passion for driving innovation. We are a rapidly growing e-commerce and retail company that sells floating sunglasses and other water-focused gear with a young team of laid-back professionals to match our laid-back brand.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create flyers, social graphics, line sheets and other marketing materials from pre-approved templates
- Assist in larger design projects as needed
- Occasionally assist in grassroots marketing, to include local event attendance (preferred)
- Collaborate with marketing team on content calendar
- Organized and team player attitude
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, especially Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with brand graphic creation (preferred)
- Proficient in GSuite and Microsoft Office
Apply (or request more information): To learn more/apply: Please contact alumna Hannah Bain at email@example.com. Interested applicants should send over their resume and provide a brief overview of their interest in the position. We look forward to speaking with you!
Company Description: We are thrill seekers and sun soakers. Beach loungers and boat launchers. We wake up early to catch the sunrise and stay out late to toast the moon. We believe in saltwater communion and the sacred bond between human and nature. Our love for the water leaves a contagious joy in our wake.
Founded by a husband-and-wife team out of Charleston, S.C., Rheos Nautical Eyewear designs floating sunglasses using featherlight frame material and signature Nylon Optic lenses. Since selling out the first two floating styles in 2016, Rheos has evolved into a collection of high-performance and stylish eyewear built for the water. Every detail of their selection of shades was designed for water activities, addressing the needs of fishermen, boaters, beachgoers and whatever-you-do-outsiders. Rheos is available for purchase in more than 400 retailers across the country including Dillard’s and Half Moon Outfitters, as well as online at www.rheosgear.com.
We are a committed 1% For The Planet member and work closely with our local partners Charleston Waterkeeper, Charleston Surfrider, and the South Carolina Aquarium’s Sea Turtle Hospital. We work hard to grow the business, so we can grow personally and make a meaningful impact in the Charleston community and outdoor industry.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- CofC Grad School: Seeks Director of Marketing and Recruitment - October 24, 2021
- CofC Institutional Events: Seeks Administrative Support Specialist - October 10, 2021
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021