With Who: Regan Communications Group
Location: Charleston, SC – Hybrid (1/2 remote, 1/2 onsite; flexibility to be fully remote)
Dates: Fall 2021
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
Position Description: Regan Communications – Charleston is seeking a remote Public Relations and Social Media intern to work directly with the Manager of RCG – Charleston. This opportunity will provide important PR, business and marketing skills, relationship building, understanding the news cycle and pitching stories, skills in social media strategy, creative ideation and bringing forth best ideas, time management and critical decision-making skills.
In addition, this opportunity requires one skilled intern to work with our team for the greater good of the agency and clientele showing high initiative, drive and work autonomy.
- Create content, maintain and manage the social media pages for the Regan CHS Instagram and FB pages
- Help with content creation and innovative strategies to increase and sustain engagement on client social media pages
- Track and analyze analytics reports to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness for both agency and client pages
- Assist with client prospecting and new business opportunities by providing research and having a pulse on the area
- Manage and update regularly our media spreadsheet with editors, assignment editors, producers, and more
- Admin for Public Relations campaign initiatives
- Involvement in creative brainstorming sessions
- Help generate content for press release/media alerts
- Generate content for PR blog posts for our corporate page
- Collaborate with other agency team members in our Boston and New York offices for additional support opportunities
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency with social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) and scheduling systems such as Hootsuite, SproutSocial, etc.
- Communications, PR or Marketing major preferred
- You do not have to be a current college student, but we do ask that you are available for the duration of the internship. Opportunity to extend further into 2022 is possible.
- Good communicator
- Intrinsically motivated and punctual
- You take pride in achieving great results for clients
- Some knowledge in the Food & Beverage, Hotel, Brewery/Distillery, Consumer Brands and/or Fashion industries beneficial
- Must have means to perform job duties – cell phone, computer, wifi, Microsoft Office, etc.
About Regan Communications – Charleston: Regan Communications Group is an award-winning, full-service PR, advertising and integrated digital marketing firm with offices in Boston, New York City, Cape Cod, Hartford, Newport Beach, Washington D.C., Charleston, Orlando and West Palm Beach. We’ve become one of the largest privately-held public relations firms in the nation by truly valuing new and decades-long relationships with clients. Our services include public relations along with a complete range of advertising and marketing capabilities, media training, crisis communications, website development, special event management, business networking, sponsorship activation, social media and in-house video and photography production.
Notes: This internship is unpaid. College credit may be available. Opportunity to become a paid position.
Apply (or request more information): Submit your resume and cover letter to Laura Murphy (Vice President) at email@example.com today!
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021
- D.C. United: Seeks Manager of Video Content - September 14, 2021
- Parlay Vous: Seeking Sales and Marketing Intern (Fall 2021) - September 10, 2021