This position is designed to provide individuals with basic knowledge of the insurance industry and to provide insight into the functions of an independent insurance sales consultant, manager AND Territory Recruiter.
The ideal candidate for this position is enthusiastic, career-minded, self-motivated individual with a proven record of professionalism and success in fast-paced environments.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Should be at least junior/senior year of their studies, Associates or BA Degree preferred
- Assist Senior Recruiter in sourcing candidates, daily phone calls/emails to candidates, conducting phone screens, assist in interviewing, as appropriate.
- Assist Senior Recruiter in managing applicant tracking system
- Assist Senior Recruiter in day to day recruiting needs
- Contribute to social media project in various ways
- Monitor and post job ads
- Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more
Qualifications and Skills
Those applying for this internship/part time position should be Marketing/Business or Language majors, with experience on the Web and a solid understanding of sales/recruiting.
- Highly energetic
- Recruiting and/or sales experience
- Solid presentation and written/verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge and comfort with the use of computer websites, tracking spreadsheets
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Maintain a positive corporate image and professionalism
This is a 10-30 hour a week position, 1099 position.
About Colonial Life – Sales Organization
Colonial Life is market leader in providing comprehensive benefits education, excellent customer service and personal insurance products at the worksite to help provide America’s workers protect what they’ve worked so hard to build.
Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company is a market leader in providing benefits solutions in one neat package: excellence in communications, enrollments, service, and personal insurance products and services that make benefits count for employers and their employees alike. For employees whose insurance plans leave them feeling vulnerable, Colonial Life can help restore peace of mind through personal insurance products that complete their coverage. Headquartered in Columbia, S.C, and founded in 1939, Colonial Life offers a broad line of personal insurance products including disability, accident, life, cancer, critical illness, and hospital confinement. We are Colonial Life. The Benefits of Good Hard Work.
To apply, send resume to Jennifer Greene at JGreene@coloniallife.com
Nicole RussoNicole Russo
- Communications Internship with CofC’s Division of Information Technology - July 11, 2019
- Sales/Marketing Internship with Grey Ghost Bakery - April 22, 2019
- PR Internship with The Public Theater - April 12, 2019