Who We Are:
bread & Butter is a hands-on communications company with a fondness for all things food, drink and travel. Started by two people with one vision – to fill a gap in a market that is missing a fresh, honest and innovative approach to communications – b&B partners with people, brands and destinations that continually challenge us to think big, but act small.
How We Make the Dough:
We only work with inventive businesses that inspire us and practice what we preach in our focus on hospitality. We are Southerners at heart, always saying, “Please” and “Thank You,” and hustlers by trade. We listen to our clients and work with them to create bespoke campaigns tailored to their vision. We have honest, long standing relationships with media based on mutual respect and a passion for the industry. For us, there is little difference between work and pleasure because our work is our pleasure.
bread & Butter Public Relations, a boutique communications firm specializing in the hospitality industry, is seeking part-time interns who are outgoing, hard-working, personable, motivated and goal-oriented. You will learn with the team of this growing company in public relations strategy, development and management. An internship at bread & Butter is a great opportunity to gain hands-on public relations experience. We accept interns each spring, summer and fall semesters. Interns will be supervised by trained intern mentors, receiving direct vocational experience necessary to fulfill the curriculum requirements of the educational institution providing credit. The work environment is comfortable, easy and relaxed and full of endless learning opportunities. Our goal is to prepare you for your career in public relations!
We are looking for PR interns in our LA, San Diego, San Francisco, Denver, Las Vegas, Nashville, Austin, Dallas, Charleston and New York offices for Spring 2019.
Here’s What We Need:
- Must be receiving school credit
- A hospitality and restaurant industry geek and a public relations nerd
- Organized, self-starter, takes initiative, is resourceful and likes a challenge. Networking is your jam.
- Crazy strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- PC proficient, particularly in the Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- A drive and passion for thinking creatively
- Knowledge of AP style Ability to multi-task
- Excellent people skills, attention to detail and amazing follow through
- A real news junkie with knowledge of current and emerging industry trends
- Someone who wants to learn a lot, have fun and grow with us!
- Previous internship experience or experience working in an office setting will move you to the top of our list!
- Current college students or recent graduates
- Opportunities include:
- Learning the art of effective client and media opportunity research, locally and nationally
- Building your writing skills by assisting with drafting press releases and media pitches
- Learning how to monitor and track news media coverage and manage clippings
- Learning how to navigate community management & customer relations within social platforms
- Working alongside PR professionals to learn how to coordinate and execute PR programs and events
- Participate in team brainstorming sessions and restaurant openings and events
- Professional development opportunities with a bread & Butter founder (aka ‘the Butter’), company leaders and subject matter experts
- Writing samples
- Links to your own profiles of PR experience and work if available
- A description of your favorite restaurant in your town, and why
- Needed 2 to 3 days per week. Hours are flexible; however, interns must be available a minimum of 10 hours per week. Internship is unpaid, school credit available and you will receive priceless learning opportunities to prepare you for your career as a public relations professional!
To view internship description and apply, visit: https://breadbutterpr.applytojob.com/apply/M1ciO1NMue/Public-Relations-Intern-Multiple-States