Company: Development Counsellors International (DCI) is the leader in marketing places. Since 1960, we have represented more than 500 places helping them to attract both investors and visitors.
Job Description: We’re looking for a college graduate to work as a summer intern in our Denver Economic Development practice (May – Aug) for 30 hours/week. Our paid Internship Program offers recent graduates the opportunity to gain unmatched marketing and public relations experience by working with diverse cities, regions, states and countries. We offer our clients a variety of services – many of which our Interns are exposed to – including media relations, event planning, community branding, marketing blueprints, website development, social and digital media marketing and talent attraction, among others.
What We’re Looking For
Our past Interns have studied a variety of majors from public relations and journalism to business and psychology. However, these Interns have all shared similar qualities, including:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Social and digital media skills
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- An achiever mentality
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Solid research capabilities
- Interest in working both collaboratively and independently
- The ability to work 30 hours/week in our Denver office
Daily Life for a Public Relations Intern
DCI’s Interns are viewed as members of our teams. Our Economic Development Interns support our day-to-day client work while also participating in skills-building Professional Development Sessions. Typical projects that Interns work on include:
- Coordinating logistics and providing support for press visits to client locations
- Providing support for client events
- Writing pitches and assisting with media correspondence
- Building media lists
- Conducting research on a variety of industries and across multiple projects
- Digital work, including drafting social media posts & writing blogs
In addition, our Interns have plenty of opportunities to participate in perks like our Health & Wellness program, which includes yoga and bootcamp in the park, as well as in-house happy hours and free lunches.
How to Apply
DCI pays Interns minimum wage. Qualified applicants should send their resume and a cover letter explaining their interest in the Internship program to Nancy Otten at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place PR Internship-Denver in the subject line. All qualified applicants will be asked for writing samples and 3 references.
Nicole RussoNicole Russo
- Communications Internship with CofC’s Division of Information Technology - July 11, 2019
- Sales/Marketing Internship with Grey Ghost Bakery - April 22, 2019
- PR Internship with The Public Theater - April 12, 2019