THE PUBLIC THEATER is looking for a highly-motivated and organized Press Intern with an interest in theater public relations and communications. We are seeking a full-time weekly commitment beginning May 2019 with some select evenings and weekends.
- Collecting, recording, and distributing all media coverage pertaining to The Public Theater including the exciting Shakespeare in the Park summer productions
- Support Press Team in coordinating media interviews, photo calls, b-roll shoots, and rehearsal photos
- Assists with opening night events—including photographer registration, pre and post-show celebrity arrivals, and onsite interviews and photo opportunities with key party attendees
- Aids the Press Managers and Director of Communications with scheduling press seats for all Public Theater shows and sending reminders and digital press kits
- Additional duties include assistance with editing and organizing information for show Playbills and proofreading press releases and other materials
- Responsible for media ticketing and fulfilling some house seat orders
- Monitors social media and theater website chat for daily Industry trends
- Researching past press coverage of relevant productions and assembling final show press packets
- Uploading contacts to Cision database and researching new outlets
- Maintains the media archives of past productions at The Public
REQUIREMENTS: The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented team player with previous office experience, specifically interested in a career of theatrical press and communications. Must be proficient in Outlook, Excel, and Word, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Tessitura ticketing experience and Cision is a plus.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Lauren Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Summer Press Internship Applicant” in the subject line.