With Who: Parlay Vous
Location: Charleston, SC
Dates: Fall 2021
Hours: 10-30 hours per week **
Compensation: $12 per hour with bonus potential **
Position Description: (This is a paid internship.)As a Sales and Marketing Intern, you will work behind the scenes to support the flow of activity for Parlay Vous clients and general business administration. This role is designed to present a variety of experience and can include tasks in sales research, admin support, client development, social media and content marketing, event activation and special communication projects.
In this position, you will work alongside the Parlay Vous Principal and Content Specialists, on occasion you will interact directly with clients and other contractors. This internship offers a well-rounded workload to allow for ample hands-on experience in business sales and marketing arenas. Commissions are always on the table when producing ROI and assisting to meet sales targets.
The ideal candidate is an entry-level marketer, with strong written and verbal communication skills, and/or student who brings a willingness to learn new processes, establish a steady workflow, and maintain excellent time management skills. We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid of asking questions up front, learning on the go, and taking charge of their tasks in a fast-paced environment. The figure it out factor is a must! Also, PUFT! 📞
About Parlay Vous: Parlay Vous provides agency and consulting services to businesses, with the goal to grow brands and maximize revenue. We do this through a proven mix of strategic planning, industry insight, and years of experience. Based in Charleston, South Carolina, Parlay Vous uses over a decade of experience to serve clients all over the globe. Our specialty is hospitality and tourism, specifically accommodations and short-term rentals, with a focus on technology and online travel agency (OTA) clients. We often find ourselves working with start-ups and love where it takes the team!
- General Administration
- Marketing Content Creation
- Marketing Coordination for digital and event executions
- Project Coordination using project management software, dictation
- Sales, Real Estate Research and Lead Development
- Data entry
- Have the “figure it out factor”
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of or ability to pick up MLA / AP style
- Experience self- guiding work and meeting deadlines in past work
- Willingness to work and learn from the ground up in the travel industry
- Ability to dedicate at least 10 hours, 20 preferred to this internship each week
- No excuses mantra
- Work hard, play hard attitude
- Must love travel
- Technology and social media savvy— has experience on various platforms
- Not afraid to be in front or behind the camera
- Love brainstorming and exciting creative ideas to solve problems and express yourself
- Able to put in office hours a Saint Philip HQ and work to meet deadlines
**Compensation and Start Date: This position will include 10-30 hours per week for $12/hour with bonus potential or in combination for course and/or internship credit. This role begins immediately and we are hiring for multiple positions in the same role. Start date is September 2021 and extension past fall semester is preferable.
Location: This internship is located in Charleston, South Carolina. The candidate will need to come in person to the office a minimum of 2 days a week. Parking and snacks are provided. Travel opportunity possible.
Application Deadline: Due September 30, 2021.
Apply (or request more information): Please send your resume and cover letter/ video/ detailing your experience and what you would like to learn in this internship. Also send 2-3 work or personal creative samples or a current portfolio in whichever medium you prefer (social media, video, content, portfolio link, etc).
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- CofC Grad School: Seeks Director of Marketing and Recruitment - October 24, 2021
- CofC Institutional Events: Seeks Administrative Support Specialist - October 10, 2021
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021