Strategic Partnerships and Communications Intern
Advocates for Youth
Advocates for Youth is dedicated to creating programs and promoting policies which help young people make informed and responsible decisions about their sexual and reproductive health. We provide information, training, and advocacy to youth-serving organizations, policy makers, and the media in the U.S. and internationally. Interns support this mission and are treated as contributing staff members.
The Strategic Partnerships and Communications Intern will provide key support in a collaborative messaging project with reproductive health, rights and justice organizations around the country. The project will build upon public opinion research addressing young people and sexual and reproductive health and rights and policy priorities, as well as related communications and social media campaigns designed to support these issues. The two areas of focus of the project are: 1) reframing the negative narrative around pregnant and parenting young people; and 2) young people’s access to reproductive health services, with a focus on implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Intern will be expected to:
- Assist in managing logistics for multiple conference calls and at least one in-person convening.
- Participate in conference calls, convenings and regular meetings.
- Conduct research on messaging being used by partners in the field.
- Collect communications materials and other messages being used by partners in the field.
- Help draft messaging reports to share with partners and funders
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail.
- Strong inter-personal and communications skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, facility with internet research.
- Motivated, committed undergraduate and graduate students with demonstrated interest in sexual and reproductive health and rights.
Intern is expected to make a commitment of approximately 8-12 weeks, 35 hours per week at $10/hour.
Submit a cover letter describing your interests and experiences, your resume, and a short 2-page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position will remain open until filled. No phone calls please.