With Who: Nexus Marketing
Location: Atlanta, GA
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Salary: Base salary of $40,000 per year. (see more benefits in original job posting)
Position Description: We’re looking for an Atlanta-based writer to join our team as a full-time Copywriter. This individual will be responsible for researching and writing educational content on various topics related to social good. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills and a desire to learn more about online marketing and SEO.
Nexus Marketing, founded in 2014, is a content marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) agency dedicated to helping mission-driven businesses market their products, software and services to nonprofit organizations, schools, faith-based organizations, associations, and universities. Our team is full of smart, hard-working, and kind individuals who find the intersection of nonprofits and digital marketing exciting! On the weekends, you’ll find us hiking in the mountains, playing dungeons and dragons with a group of friends, or getting immersed in a new book. As a growing agency, every team member plays a huge role in our continued success and our clients’ happiness.
Writing is a fundamental part of this position. If the idea of writing for 40-45 hours a week doesn’t excite you, this role will not be a good fit.
Nexus Marketing is located in Atlanta with all of our team members located in the metro area. We’re currently working remotely but plan to re-open the office in late Spring / Summer 2021.
Company website: https://www.nexusmarketing.com/
Tips on applying for the writing position:
- Resumes should be submitted in Word or PDF format.
- Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed. Links to writing samples should be included in the cover letter.
This position is an excellent way for recent college graduates to start their online marketing careers.
Nexus Marketing provides team members with additional training opportunities and the potential to grow within the company.
What excites us (Qualifications):
- A love of writing (95% of the job will be writing, so this is a must).
- 1-2 years of writing experience (blogging, participation in student newspaper/literary magazine, writing internships, etc.).
- Frighteningly good attention to detail. Bachelors degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism, or a related field.
- Strong academic performance: overall 3.8 GPA minimum.
What excites you (Responsibilities):
- Researching a variety of topics with limited oversight.
- Conceptualizing, writing, and editing marketing and educational content including blog articles, web pages, and downloadable resources.
- Managing and prioritizing work for multiple projects to meet defined deadlines.
- Working and communicating well within a team.
- You love the idea of giving back to the community and nonprofits. Since we work with mission-driven companies, our business is focused on helping nonprofits succeed.
- You must be extremely comfortable with change. As a small growing company, decisions can be made over a weekend and fully implemented by early the next week. Whether that’s new systems, new processes, or new approaches, we look for individuals who can adapt and thrive.
- You must believe that the best contributors should get better rewards. As a company, we believe in paying people based on the value they generate at the business.
- You must be willing to disagree and commit. As a growing business, there will be many decisions and changes that occur at the company. Some of which you’ll agree with and some you won’t, we firmly believe that the best team members have the ability to disagree and commit (i.e., going with a decision after it has been made regardless of whether or not you agree).
- You must believe the status quo is unacceptable. As a growing company and as individuals, we believe the status quo is unacceptable. Everyone should be relentless in striving to be the best version of themselves and figure out ways to create more value at the company and grow professionally.
Apply (or request more information): See the full job posting on Nexus Marketing Jobs site.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- WCBD News 2: Seeking Digital Producer, News - May 11, 2021
- Kheloni: Seeking Social Media Management and Content Intern (Summer 2021) - May 6, 2021
- PGI Financial Services: Seeks Marketing Intern (Summer 2021) - May 6, 2021