The Kiawah Conservancy is an accredited and well-respected local land trust, having protected 2,273 acres on and around Kiawah Island, South Carolina. For over 20 years, the Conservancy has worked to protect important natural habitats for plants and wildlife, to research the ecological components that contribute to the sustainability of Kiawah Island’s unique flora and fauna, to implement habitat restoration programs, and to connect people with nature. The Conservancy maintains an office with a full-time staff of four at Kiawah Island, and is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity of all kinds in the workplace.
Intern Title: Digital Content Intern
Duration of Internship: Spring 2019 Semester
Compensation: Paid ($15 per hour, 15-20 hours per week)
Supervisor: The intern will be mentored and supervised by the Communications and Education Coordinator.
Duties and Tasks: The intern will assist the Communications and Education Coordinator with the following tasks:
- Research, plan, and implement creative online content campaigns
- Research content marketing opportunities
- Draft interesting content and marketing ideas
- Conduct outreach to bloggers and journalists
- Promote creative content on social media
- Analyze data to identify interesting trends and insights for digital content and projects
- Draft copy for blogs and websites
Qualifications: Applicants should be in their junior or senior year of college, pursuing a degree in communications, marketing, or related field. Must be available to work 15-20 hours per week during the academic semester.
- The intern will gain hands-on experience with all aspects of digital communication and marketing
- The intern will hone the sills necessary for writing compelling digital content
- The intern will gain experience in project and event management, public relations, and event logistics
- The intern will have an opportunity to conduct informational interview with other professionals and volunteers within the organization
To apply, visit this job posting on Handshake: https://cofc.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2233771
Cierra SeidCierra Seid
- Media Relations Internship with Milwaukee Brewers - December 20, 2018
- Research Scholars Opportunity with University of Delaware - December 13, 2018
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing Intern - December 13, 2018