Location: Edwardsville, IL
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Salary: $3,798.33 Monthly
Position Description: The National Corn to Ethanol Research Center (NCERC) is seeking a full-time Publicity-Promotion Associate, Communications and Outreach. The NCERC at SIUE is a nationally recognized research center dedicated to the development and commercialization of biofuels, specialty chemicals, and other bio-based products. Biofuels and bio-based material producers from around the world use the NCERC’s facilities to increase yield, optimize processes, test new technologies, and evaluate new products.
The Publicity -Promotion Associate will report to the NCERC Executive Director and will work with a team that includes, but is not limited to: Director of Research, Research Engineers, Operating Coordinators, Scientific Analysts, Post-Doc Research Fellows, Policy and Business Development Specialist and department Business Manager.
Various Duties and Responsibilities will focus on…
- Write biofuels and bioproducts specific articles, press releases and news briefs for media and trade journals;
- Develop and maintain content of the NCERC website, while simultaneously increasing the Center’s exposure through media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Engage stakeholders through targeted conferences, publications, webinars and related events.
- Create and update NCERC marketing materials to maintain brand consistency.
- Design and distribute both NCERC’s external email newsletter “NCERC at Work” to stakeholders on a monthly basis, and NCERC’s internal email newsletter “Weekly Industry Brief” to NCERC staff weekly.
- Assist and interact with staff to understand needs of laboratory and pilot plant services and with communications needs such as drafting copy, proofreading copy, and editing presentations, in addition to other communications needs.
Further duties and responsibilities will be assigned based on the needs and goals of the Center.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture communications, public relations, journalism, advertising, communications, marketing or a related field.
- One (1) year (12 months) of professional work experience in agriculture communications, promotions, public relations, journalism, advertising, communications, marketing or event planning. *
- Excellent communication skills and heightened attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple fast-paced projects and be proactive.
- Demonstrated proficiency in PowerPoint, Constant Contact, social media, website content and other content distribution systems is essential.
- Recent graduates in Agriculture Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Mass Communications, or Marketing are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: November 09, 2020
Apply (or request more information): Apply today on the SIUE Current Vacancies site.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- WCBD News 2: Seeking Digital Producer, News - May 11, 2021
- Kheloni: Seeking Social Media Management and Content Intern (Summer 2021) - May 6, 2021
- PGI Financial Services: Seeks Marketing Intern (Summer 2021) - May 6, 2021