With Who: Messari
Dates: Summer 2021
Position Description: (This is a paid internship.) Messari is looking for a smart, go-getter marketing intern to execute on event marketing needs for our annual summit, Mainnet, as well as assist with all general Messari marketing needs. As our marketing intern, you will assist with marketing activities that include social media creation, curation and execution, newsletter writing, website maintenance, press relations and more. The ideal candidate is interested in emerging technologies, is a self-starter, and is hungry to learn and expand their event and general marketing skills across this exciting new sector. You will be reporting to the director of marketing.
At Messari, we believe crypto is the technology of free people, free-thinking, and free markets. We believe that cryptoassets have the potential to revolutionize both technology and finance and improve the lives of people everywhere. Messari is a data ingestion and market research software and information company. The marketing team helps create, distribute and translate all product and content marketing to the world.
What We Do:
- Create content programming that helps educate and inform our customers and the ecosystem to make better-informed building and investing decisions
- Communicate with our customers regarding their product marketing feedback and product issues
- Collaborate with external partners, industry influencers, members of the press, and more to build and maintain and build our brand equity
- Collaborate across various internal departments including product, business development, event planning, research, and sales, to ensure consistent delivery of full-funnel, multi-channel marketing needs
- Experiment with new marketing and communication channels in order to reach our customers and community via paid, earned, and owned avenues
- Advocate for data-driven marketing activities to ensure we can properly gauge the ROI for each activation we employ
- Create and deploy GTM campaigns in order to drive traffic to announce and create buzz around our products, services, and thought leadership
What We’d Like to See From You:
- High focus on all event marketing needs for Mainnet including website maintenance, liaison for cross-promotional speaker engagement, press liaison, social media creation, and management, etc.
- High attention to detail across all assigned activities
- High interest in expanding knowledge about a variety of marketing activities, as well as the emerging tech space
- Exceptional short-form (social) and long-form (blogs and newsletters) written communication skills that touch both external and internal messaging needs
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Help creating and distributing all marketing materials for both Mainnet and Messari
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- A welcoming and open environment with people who love to collaborate on ideas and tackle complex problems
- Work with a small team of marketers, with the ability to make large impact across product, research, and business development
- Participate in forums like Family Meals and Messari Lab to share ideas or technologies you’ve been exploring and tinkering with
- Enjoy the ability to work remotely
This 2021 intern will be an integral part of Messari’s flagship event, Mainnet. Additionally, they will assist with Messari’s various marketing and communication needs for other functions within the company including press engagement, social media and community management. This individual will be expected to travel to New York City for the September event in order to help the director of marketing managing the press office, social media, and content distribution needs. As a Messari intern, you will walk away with a variety of marketing, business, and technical skills under your belt.
Notes: Messari is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and respected consistently. Diversity of experience drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, and competitive and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger and have our product reflect the diversity of our customers.
At Messari, we welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, socioeconomic status, religion, age, marital or parental status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Apply (or request more information): To apply, visit the internship posting on the Messari job site.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- WCBD News 2: Seeking Digital Producer, News - May 11, 2021
- Kheloni: Seeking Social Media Management and Content Intern (Summer 2021) - May 6, 2021
- PGI Financial Services: Seeks Marketing Intern (Summer 2021) - May 6, 2021