The Charleston Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) is searching for a Media Relations Intern with a start date of March 2019. The internship pays $10/hr.
- Provide support to the Media Relations department and other departments as needed.
- Assist with functions as assigned. This includes but is not limited to taking RSVP’s, assisting with registration, set-up and/or break-down, etc.
- Assist with large mailings. This includes but is not limited to calculating supplies needed, gathering supplies, copying, stuffing and coordinating with Mail Center.
- Assist with maintaining departmental files and records.
- Assist with database entry and maintenance as needed by department.
- Actively assist the creation and delivery of gift bags for visiting journalists.
- Assists the Media Relations Department with capturing the press Charleston and the CVB’s members receive. Screenshot, scan, print and upload all articles into Simpleview (database).
- Assists with the binding and printing of the Board of Governor’s book as needed.
- Assists with sending social media features to members mentioned in Explore Charleston and CHSWedding guide editorial content.
- Assists in updating the Media Writing Bank.
- Assist with VIP Pass program. VIP Passes are reciprocity passes for dignitaries, journalists, meeting planners and other VIPs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should contact Amy Hutto, Director of Human Resources: email@example.com