Marketing Internship with the Center for Competitive Management
Who we are:
C4CM is a leading provider of professional education, serving Fortune 500 companies with targeted, timely training and information. We offer live and on-demand webinars, in-depth reports, and e-learning courses in soft skills, corporate finance, human resources, law firms and female professional development, all via an e-commerce platform (aka a website). We’re a lean team, and we all work remotely. While small, we get a lot done.
Why work with us:
You’ll get serious experience. There’s no coffee making here. As a marketing intern, you’ll be working directly with the head of Marketing to develop marketing campaigns, segment lists, and develop social media outreach.
We rely heavily on email, so you’ll be immersed in our EMS, building out and populating automated series, split testing, and working towards the best ROI.
You’ll be deeply involved in our social media outreach as well, assisting with content marketing via these channels.
And of course, beyond the execution of what we’re already doing, we want to hear your ideas. If you have thoughts – share them. We’re small and we move fast – we’re willing to try things out.
Who you are:
You’re smart, engaged, and willing to learn how we do things. You’re able to work extremely well on your own, although you will be meeting with either the owner or the marketer on a regular basis. You communicate exceptionally well in all channels – in person, via slack, emails, phone, etc. You have ideas and want to put them into practice.
You can take ownership of work streams and collaborate openly and effectively. You definitely have the ability to meet deadlines without excessive micromanagement.
What you’ll do:
- Work with marketing head to manage day-to-day marketing activities. Included but not limited to: email marketing, social media, SEO, and search engine marketing.
- Writing ad copy, banner ads, landing pages and keyword development
- Build target lists for campaigns
- Opportunity to manage a small media budget
- Track the growth and the impact of campaigns to our business and report findings to team
- Apply strong analytical, critical thinking, and communication skills to daily tasks
- Proactively identify issues, escalates when appropriate and develops creative solutions
The Fine Print
- Currently enrolled in college pursuing an undergraduate degree in a related field (e.g. Communications, Marketing, etc.)
- Available 15 – 20 hours per week
- Some experience in digital advertising, blogging, SEO and social media are highly valued.
- Ideal candidates must be passionate about the internet and marketing online and offline.
- Must have experience with Excel and Word.
- Has a passion and natural curiosity for learning
- Works effectively independently and remotely
- Has access to reliable high-speed internet for remote work
- Structured and well-organized: Ability to think ahead, track deliverables, and manage projects with collaborative tools
To view internship description and apply, visit: https://cofc.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2304849
Nicole RussoNicole Russo
- Communications Internship with CofC’s Division of Information Technology - July 11, 2019
- Sales/Marketing Internship with Grey Ghost Bakery - April 22, 2019
- PR Internship with The Public Theater - April 12, 2019