Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please apply sooner rather than later. The deadline to apply is Friday, March 22 at 3 p.m. We will NOT be considering candidates who do not include a cover letter in their application.
The New York Times is seeking a Summer Marketing Design Intern to join its growing Marketing Creative team and support the mission of quality journalism.
Who we are
Every day, journalists at the New York Times report more than 200 stories from dozens of countries around the world on topics ranging from major international events to the best way to roast a chicken. Millions of users around the globe read, listen to and watch our stories across our web and mobile products.
The New York Times has set the standard for journalistic excellence for over a century and a half — yet our newsroom’s ambition has never been higher. Our marketing team matches that ambition, as we work to help people understand what makes The Times different and worth paying for.
Our team consists of marketers, media strategists, in-house creatives, researchers and brand strategists. We share a passion for creating brand experiences, connections and stories designed to inspire our readers every day.
The Marketing Design Intern works alongside art directors, designers and copywriters in a fast-paced in-house design team. The intern will assist with diverse day-to-day projects and help in the development of creative marketing campaigns, production of print and digital assets, as well as design research and audits.
Who should apply
Undergraduate design students who are pursuing a degree in graphic design, advertising, or visual communication and are passionate about journalism and the mission of The New York Times are encouraged to apply.
- You are a rising junior, rising senior, or a graduating senior pursuing a design degree
- A desire to learn about digital and print marketing
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with print and digital production is a plus but not a requirement
- Experience with Sketch is a plus but not a requirement
To view internship description and apply, visit: https://cofc.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2486643
Nicole RussoNicole Russo
- Communications Internship with CofC’s Division of Information Technology - July 11, 2019
- Sales/Marketing Internship with Grey Ghost Bakery - April 22, 2019
- PR Internship with The Public Theater - April 12, 2019