With Who: Longitude PR
Location: Charleston, SC
Dates: Summer 2021
Dates: ~10-15 hours per week
Position Summary: Longitude PR, a brand new travel and hospitality PR firm, is seeking a creative, entrepreneurial social media intern to help launch the brand’s presence across social media platforms, specifically Instagram. This position provides the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience creating, managing and executing content directly under the guidance of the CEO/Founder.
This is an unpaid internship, eligible for college credit only. Work schedule is flexible, with an estimation of 10-15 hours per week.
About Us: Launched in Spring 2021, Longitude PR is a new travel and hospitality-focused PR firm committed to playing a critical role in the recovery of the industry post-pandemic. We provide truly personalized, 1:1 PR expertise for travel brands large and small, specializing in media relations, creative partnerships, launches & events, crisis communications and influencer engagement.
Longitude PR was founded by Courtney Long, a 15-year industry veteran who spent more than a decade in NYC representing some of the most iconic brands and properties around the world. A native Charlestonian, Courtney graduated from The College of Charleston in 2006 with a Bachelor of Arts in Communication.
- Work directly with CEO to develop social media strategy and content calendar
- Gather and edit digital assets for use on social platforms
- Develop and execute social media posts
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing posts
- Brainstorm ideas for creative campaigns
- Passion for the travel and hospitality industry
- Degree or pursuit of degree in Communications or other related field
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms, especially Instagram
- Working knowledge of social media analytics
- Experience creating social media content calendars
- Proactive, entrepreneurial approach
- Creative mindset
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Apply (or request more information): Email your resume to Courtney Long (Founder & CEO) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021
- D.C. United: Seeks Manager of Video Content - September 14, 2021
- Parlay Vous: Seeking Sales and Marketing Intern (Fall 2021) - September 10, 2021