With Who: Tri-County Human Trafficking Task Force
Location: Remote (organization based in Charleston, SC)
Dates: Fall 2021
Hours: Up to 10 hours per week.
Compensation: Potential for $10/hour
Position Summary: (This is a paid internship.) The Tri-County Human Trafficking Task Force seeks a part-time position of a Digital Communications and Social Media Intern.
If you are passionate about effective communication, advocacy, the rule of law, and access to justice, then we would love to hear from you! We are a multidisciplinary coalition made up of victim service providers, healthcare providers, law enforcement, civil attorneys, faith-based groups, community organizations, schools, and more! Human trafficking oftentimes goes undetected, which is why awareness and education are KEY to assisting victims and uncovering this exploitation. Human trafficking touches on a vast number of vital issues of our time – technology’s impact on society, criminal justice, violence against women, child abuse, culture and celebrity, immigration reform and refugee issues, and public health.
This internship is designed so that the student will play a critical role in our efforts to increase actionable awareness.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Identify, develop, create, and/or edit content for the Task Force’s website and social media platforms.
- Design digital and print materials that advance specific advocacy and development initiatives, possibly including video content.
- Design digital templates for social media, email outreach, marketing, and events.
- Track and analyze social media and other communications metrics to gather ideas and identify opportunities for improvement.
- As possible, assist with communications-related administrative tasks, such as updating web pages and tracking media placements.
Required Education: We are seeking students who have focused on Public Relations, Communications, Writing/Literature, Marketing, or Mass Media Communications.
Application Deadline: Open until position is filled.
Apply (or request more information): Email the following: (1) a few sentences describing your interest in this position, (2) resume or LinkedIn link, and (3) a piece from your design portfolio or example of digital content that you have designed (or an Instagram account handle that we can search). Applications are being accepted until the position is filled.
Email your application materials to email@example.com. Please write “Social Media Intern” in the subject line.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- CofC Grad School: Seeks Director of Marketing and Recruitment - October 24, 2021
- CofC Institutional Events: Seeks Administrative Support Specialist - October 10, 2021
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021