With Who: Horry County Government
Location: Horry County, SC
Employment Type: Full-time
Position Description: Under administrative direction, the purpose of this position is to create content and disseminate information to the general public, media, outside agencies, and community agencies and organizations and to promote County initiatives and programs on behalf of Horry County. Employee is responsible for creating and managing a high volume of content, including press releases, social media posts, videos, and printed marketing materials. This position also coordinates events and makes presentations on behalf of the County. This position assists with county branding and messaging and ensures quality and accurate dissemination of information. This position will manage social media accounts on behalf of Horry County Government and should have a high level of social media capability. In addition, this position will perform work during emergency and disaster situations. Candidate must have the ability to work and make sound decisions in a high paced, stressful environment. Performs related work as directed.
- This position will be assigned to primarily support the Infrastructure and Regulation Division which includes Transportation, RIDE, Engineering, Public Works, Stormwater, Planning & Zoning, Code Enforcement, Parks & Recreation, Fleet Services and Maintenance. Successful candidates should demonstrate interest and knowledge in these fields, and an ability to make technical concepts interesting and easy to understand for a general audience.
- Proactive storytelling about the projects and programs that matter to our community.
- Create and manage a high volume of content.
- Frequently film and edit video content in addition to still photography.
- Coordinate events, tours, and outreach opportunities
- Make presentations on behalf of the County.
- Research, purchase, and manage educational/event supplies including inventory
- Develop and execute communication plans for various County campaigns.
- Create and coordinate emergency messages as needed.
- Coordinate with other local agencies, state and federal partners.
- Develop and design educational/outreach materials including printed materials, videos etc.
- Work closely with Department Heads to develop strategic communication and outreach goals and ensure those goals are met.
- Develop, conduct and participate in public education programs.
- Participate in community meetings and outreach.
- Perform work during emergency/disaster situations. Be available 24/7 for emergency incidents and support the County’s Emergency Operations Center.
- Perform a wide range of office and field duties as may be required, including evening and weekend work.
Position Minimum Requirements:
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communication, or related field. Marketing, social media, and graphic design experience are preferred. Minimum of 1 year in professional level work or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass the required physical and background check.
Application Deadline: 5/21/2021 at 5:00 PM
Apply (or request more information): Submit your application via the Horry County Employment site.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Introducing the Martin Scholars, Class of 2022 - June 9, 2021
- American Express Discovery Program (September 2021) - June 7, 2021
- Spoiled Yogi Marketing Agency: Seeking Marketing Intern (Summer 2021) - June 7, 2021