With Who: Habitat for Humanity International
Location: Charlotte, NC (and more)
Type of Employment: Full-Time, Temporary (one year)
Position Description: For one year, get paid to build sustainable solutions in a community, gain valuable hands on experience and prepare for your future. This full-time AmeriCorps service position offers a great opportunity to make a real impact in the lives of others while building your own knowledge and skillset. AmeriCorps National members serve the community in direct service and capacity building activities.
Habitat for Humanity has multiple AmeriCorps Community Outreach Coordinator positions available across the United States. Check out this position on the CofC Handshake Portal portal to see all of the locations.
What Will You Do?
The community outreach coordinator plays a critical role in strengthening relationships through planning, coordination and implementation of projects in partnership with the community. These relationships with community residents, local organizations, elected officials and stakeholders will help you identify areas where Habitat for Humanity’s housing and community development solutions can intersect with identified needs and aspirations.
- Build relationships and partnerships with community residents, local organizations, elected officials and community stakeholders.
- Identify community improvement projects and implement them from planning through completion.
- Engage volunteers from local community to support local improvement projects.
- Coordinate and document the implementation of Habitat’s housing and community development solution in partnership with the community.
Benefits of AmeriCorps service:
- Living allowance $15,850 for approximately 10 ½ months of service.
- Segal Education Award of $6,195, upon successful completion of service.
- Health care benefits and enrollment in Employee Assistance Plan.
- Personal and medical leave — approximately 10 days total.
- Possible forbearance or deferment of qualified student loans.
- Child care benefits, if you qualify.
- Worker’s compensation insurance.
Minimum Requirements: Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident at least 18 or older and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity International and AmeriCorps.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Experience working with volunteers, teaching or group facilitation.
- Experience working as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of community development practices.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Current valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and reliable transportation.
Application Deadline: Applications close on August 31st, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
Apply (or request more information): Apply today, or see more position information, on the CofC Handshake Portal portal.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- CofC Grad School: Seeks Director of Marketing and Recruitment - October 24, 2021
- CofC Institutional Events: Seeks Administrative Support Specialist - October 10, 2021
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021