With Who: Florence Crittenton Programs
Where: Charleston, SC
Employment Type: Salaried, Full-Time
Description: For more than 120 years, Florence Crittenton Programs of SC has provided hope, safety, and opportunity to young women by offering the education, skills, and resources they need to have a healthy start to life.
A licensed 16-bed residential group home provides housing and comprehensive services to girls and young women, ages 10-20. The home provides a safe, stable and nurturing environment for pregnant and parenting teens, as well as other girls who cannot live with their families due to abuse, neglect, substance use, victimization, and emotional issues. It also offers housing assistance and on-going support services to help homeless families in Berkeley, Charleston, and Dorchester counties achieve self-sufficiency.
- Employee will work 40 hours per week
- Focus on empowering young women
- Plan and schedule programs which promote education and career development, health, parenting, financial stability, and empowerment
- Coordinates with partner agencies to ensure programming meets residents’ goals
- Recruits, trains, and coordinates volunteers to facilitate programming
- Administers program assessments and monitors progress
- Transports and supervises residents during field trips
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 21 years of age
- Hold an Associate’s Degree in social work, sociology, psychology, special education, counseling and guidance, criminal justice and or related areas in the human services field
- Must be organized and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of youth and/or self-sufficiency programs and virtual learning is a plus
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, a safe driving record, and have the ability to drive a 15-passenger van.
- Must pass an extensive annual background check. Must have flexibility to work the occasional weekend or evening shift
Qualities of Interest: Team builder, strong work ethic, self-motivated, solution-focused, and committed to developing a strong community of women.
Program Coordinator salary will be $30,000-35,000/year.
To apply, call (843) 722-7526
Maggie BoydMaggie Boyd
- Scholarship Recipient Profile: Zara Johnson - April 30, 2023
- Women’s Rights and Empowerment Network Seeks Vice-President, Development and Communications - August 8, 2022
- Public Relations, Content, and Media Internship at Nectar Sunglasses - July 25, 2022