With Who: Enterprise
Location: Baltimore, MD
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Position Description: Enterprise Residential is seeking a Marketing & Communications Manager who will be responsible primarily for developing and executing the company’s marketing and communications strategies and programs for both external and internal audiences. In addition, the Manager will assist ECD with its marketing initiatives. The Marketing & Communications Manager will primarily report to the President of Enterprise Residential with a dotted line to the CEO of ECD.
As the marketing lead for Enterprise Residential, the Marketing & Communications Manager will also partner with an external public relations firm that assists with crisis communications and press relationships. In addition, he/she will collaborate with Enterprise Community Partners national marketing team which provides marketing resources to the entire organization.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate marketing expert with a successful track record in digital marketing and communication, and specific expertise in the area of real estate and multi-family residential marketing.
The opportunity will be based in our Baltimore, MD office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with national and political reporters, as well as regional reporters.
- Acts as one of the organizations primary spokespeople, representing and advancing the policy goals and priorities of AHIP and its member companies.
- Drafts press releases, media briefs, and advisories. A key contributor to other content as needed, including reactive statements and executive materials.
- Supports the public affairs department by offering counsel on specific media strategies and policy matters.
- Communicates directly with member companies, and frequently reports on the current political landscape and developments in Washington as well as AHIPs advocacy efforts.
- Develop advocacy materials, resources, and action plans in partnership with other department leads that align with AHIPs Strategic Priorities and goals.
- Lead development of media relations and communications strategies and plans, including collaborating across departments to execute on those plans.
- Support Senior Vice President of Communications on long term priorities, communications strategies, and executive visibility.
- Responsible for keeping updated on trends in the industry and identifying proactive opportunities to advance AHIPs priorities and goals.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. 5:30 p.m., however may require long hours and weekend work.
Travel: Travel to AHIP functions, including conferences and advocacy events, may constitute 15% of time.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate Enterprise Residential “HEROES” principles:HELPFUL, ENGAGED, RESPONSIVE, OUTSTANDING, EXCELLENCE and SUCCESS in all activities and interactions.
- Develop and execute marketing and communications strategies and programs to enhance the performance of our multifamily properties and promote the company.
- Develop comprehensive marketing strategy and materials for all properties in the portfolio. Collaborate with the Regional Manager and on-site property manager to implement the marketing program, evaluate results and refine the strategy as needed.
- Partner with senior management to develop and execute internal and external communications plans and assist with all communications needs.
- Coordinate the work of the third-party PR firm managing media relations, public relations, and publicity, as well as the Enterprise national marketing team. Review and approve press releases, press kits, media advisories, etc.
- Produce and/or oversee production of marketing materials and communications including photography, social media posts, blogs and other material. Utilize and promote the company and strengthen its image (brand).Coordinate spokespeople and messaging.
- Work with Enterprise Residential senior management, Enterprise Community Development and Enterprise Residential regional managers to ensure consistency and quality of branding and marketing content across properties, while ensuring local community relevance at each property.
- Cultivate & build relationships with media, bloggers, influencers & emerging talent.
- Review and develop as needed corporate positioning content to ensure consistency of messaging in mission statement, boilerplates, website copy, etc. Refine this information as needed.
- Manage the marketing and advertising program for the company and the portfolio of properties.
- Analyze KPIs and market trends to determine appropriate strategies for our properties. Monitor property occupancy and focus marketing strategies to solve leasing challenges and exceed occupancy goals.
- Negotiate and manage all media vendors and contracts.
- Maintain Enterprise Residential company website and all property websites, ensuring that the sites are always current and accurate.
- Craft and execute quality SEO strategies and paid advertising campaigns (social ads, paid search, etc.).
- Create and update Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plans (AFHMP).
- Produce and maintain an annual marketing budget
- Supervise a Marketing Coordinator.
- Oversee day-to-day projects as well as larger-scope programs or initiatives.
- Maintain strict adherence to the federal Fair Housing Act, which prohibits “any preference, limitation, or discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or intention to make such preference, limitation or discrimination”.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least seven years of experience in Marketing, Communications or similar field.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or related degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Excellent written communication skills including proper grammar and professional writing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to interact, in English, with associates at all levels and with a wide range of external business partners.
- Experience in real estate and residential marketing, preferably in the multi-family sector.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to self-manage, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to use social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and associated advertising platforms to effectively deliver marketing content.
- Experience creating targeted content that generates measurable results.
- Collaborative, team player with a high degree of initiative, drive, accountability, judgment, innovation, creativity and flexibility.
- Ability to work under pressure in time-sensitive environments on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to evaluate and execute best practices.
- Proficiency in measuring and reporting on the progress of initiatives against goals.
- Successful experience working with cross-functional teams and multiple departments.
Apply (or request more information): Apply today, or see more position information on the CofC Alumni Career Center portal.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- CofC Grad School: Seeks Director of Marketing and Recruitment - October 24, 2021
- CofC Institutional Events: Seeks Administrative Support Specialist - October 10, 2021
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021