With Who: Emma Bowen Foundation
Location: Multiple (see original internship posting)
Dates: Summer 2021; 8 consecutive weeks
Hours: 40 hours per week
Compensation: Rate varies per internship.
Position Summary: (This is a paid internship.) The Emma Bowen Foundation promotes a more diverse industry by recruiting promising students of color and placing them in multi-year paid internships at some of the nation’s leading media and tech companies.
Information for internships in North Carolina:
- Open internship opportunities at local TV stations or in nonprofit journalism. Students should be interested in broadcast journalism, investigative journalism, and general reporting.
- Also, recruiting students who want to work in sales or social media.
- These specific positions are open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
- Students local to/familiar with Asheville, Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Raleigh, Chapel Hill, and Durham areas are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our three tracks highlight the many areas in which our Fellows intern.
- Content (broadcast and online journalism, production, social media, digital media, etc.).
- Business (finance, sales, human resources, marketing, public relations etc.)
- Innovation (computer science, engineering, data science, information technology, software development, etc.)
Whether you’re interested in being a producer, a journalist, a web developer, an engineer, a business executive, a PR agent, a sales representative, or in any other career in media or tech, the Emma Bowen Internship is here to help you get your start. Hear more about EBF from previous fellows, alumni, and partners here: https://www.emmabowenfoundation.com/voices.
If you are selected as an Emma Bowen Fellow, you will have access to:
- A paid summer internship
- On-the-job training from top professionals and industry executives
- Our Annual Summer Conference
- The EBF Launch Career Activation Program
- Need-based academic scholarships
- A lifelong community of EBF peers, alumni, professionals, and partners
Our interns are most often placed in cities where they spend their college summers. Students will intern at their partner company for a minimum of eight consecutive weeks (40-hour workweek) during the summer. Students are expected to work at their partner company every summer until college graduation. Please note that college seniors can apply to the program as well. Many of our interns are converted to full time hires after college graduation.
While the majority of our Fellows are placed in major markets like New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, DC, and the San Francisco Bay Area, we have openings in cities nationwide. Other cities have included, but are not limited to: Austin (TX), Boston (MA), Charlotte (NC), Chicago (IL), Dallas/Fort Worth (TX), Denver (CO), Detroit (MI), Knoxville (TN), Orlando (FL), Philadelphia (PA), San Diego (CA), Seattle (WA), Stamford (CT), St. Louis (MO), and Tampa (FL).
Please visit our website at www.emmabowenfoundation.com/application_info for additional information about the program and application requirements.
We look forward to receiving your application! Good luck!
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and determine, in conjunction with our partners, any affects it may have on Summer 2021 internships. We are planning to have a full slate of internships, which are expected to be primarily in person, but might be remote/virtual as well, depending on the circumstances and how the COVID-19 situation evolves.
Application Deadline: April 12, 2021 at 11:55 PM.
Apply (or request more information): Please visit our website at www.emmabowenfoundation.com/application_info for additional information about the program and application requirements. Apply today on the CofC Handshake portal.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- A+ Staffing: Seeking Temp Workers for PGA Championship (May 15-23, 2021) - May 12, 2021
- Charleston Leaders: Seeking 2 Interns (Summer 2021) - May 12, 2021
- WCBD News 2: Seeking Digital Producer, News - May 11, 2021