Location: Raleigh, NC
Employment Type: Full-time, Salaried
Salary: $38,242 – $47,000 (hiring range; promotional range may very)
Position Description: The Raleigh Convention & Performing Arts Complex invites candidates to apply for the role of Marketing Coordinator. This role is responsible for all digital marketing for the Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts, including website, social, and advertising. The Marketing Coordinator handles all digital content creation and website management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports Marketing Manager in implementing campaign strategies to increase ticket sales, elevate the venue’s profile, and raise the public’s awareness of the venue’s mission and activities.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes digital marketing for the Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts; to include email, website, social media, digital advertising, lobby music, digital screens, and building lighting.
- Responsible for website content management, including event calendar updates.
- Assists with graphic design and localization of event and venue creative.
- Supports public relations tasks as needed, including writing, editing, and sharing press releases, including coordination of interviews and press opportunities.
- Provides customer service by answering inquiries from email and social media that pertain to the venue and event.
- Serves as social media manager for the Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts:
- Covers events in real time, including photographing venues during events.
- Creates, posts and/or updates content to social media under the direct supervision of the Marketing Manager and in compliance with the City’s branding and social media use policies.
- Responds to customer service inquiries on social media, resolving and/or escalating inquiries as needed.
- Assists in the coordination and management of events. Communicates with contracted clients to identify event needs pertaining to website and social media assets. Works closely with Booking and Ticketing departments to adhere to event announce timeline.
- Produces, schedules, and optimizes email marketing campaigns for events and monthly newsletters.
- Handles internal and external survey creation and execution.
- Supports the marketing and event needs of Red Hat Amphitheater as needed, including updating the website, updating visitor information, creating, sharing, and monitoring social media content, and other tasks as assigned.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s Degree in marketing or business administration and two years of event planning, sales or logistics experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communication, or Public Relations is strongly preferred and at least two years of marketing experience.
- Must have experience managing a brand’s social voice and content calendar across multiple social platforms.
- Experience using Drupal CMS, Adobe Creative Suite programs, and Sprout Social (or other social media management tool) preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of graphic design with ability to resize and localize layered advertising material using Adobe Photoshop.
- Basic photography skills and professional writing skills preferred.
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads Search/Display
- PCM Digital Marketing
- AMA Certified Digital Marketing Professional
- LinkedIn Learning or independent certifications related to Microsoft Office or Adobe Creative Suite
- Standard practices, methods and materials of assigned work.
- Business math concepts.
- Filing and record-keeping principles.
- Occupational hazards and applicable safety principles and practices.
- Uses and properties of supplies and equipment.
- Applicable federal, state and local laws, codes, regulations (based on assignment).
- Customer service principles.
- Specialized equipment relevant to area of assignment.
- Modern office technology.
- Identifying meeting/event needs and coordinating required resources.
- Performing basic original research, compiling and assembling data.
- Organizing tasks, meeting deadlines and prioritizing competing demands.
- Following directions and meeting standards.
- Providing attention to detail in assignments.
- Proofreading and error correction.
- Business math computations.
- Organizing and maintaining records and files.
- Maintaining and updating data and documentation.
- Comprehending reference books and manuals.
- Operating assigned tools and equipment.
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, codes, regulations and standards (based on assignment).
- Providing customer service.
- Utilizing a computer and relevant software applications.
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
ADA and Other Requirements:
- Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Working Conditions: Work is performed in both the field and in an indoor office environment with frequent exposure to hazardous physical conditions (such as mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibration, etc.); frequent exposure to atmospheric conditions (such as fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, etc.); moderate exposure to hazardous materials (such as
chemicals, blood and other body fluids); frequent exposure to environmental conditions (such as disruptive people, imminent danger, or a threatening environment); frequent exposure to extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting and movement restrictions; and moderate exposure intense noise or travel.
Apply (or request more information): For more information or to apply, please visit the City of Raleigh Jobs site.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- CofC Grad School: Seeks Director of Marketing and Recruitment - October 24, 2021
- CofC Institutional Events: Seeks Administrative Support Specialist - October 10, 2021
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021