With Who: Drift
Dates: Fall 2021
Hours: 20-25 per week
Position Description: At Drift, we love telling stories. Stories people actually want to read, watch, and listen to.
That’s why we leave corporate-speak and marketing jargon to the competition – and write like we talk. No frills and no googling complex business terms required.
The editorial intern will help us create content for the Drift Blog that will educate, entertain, and inspire our customers no matter where they are in their customer journey. You should be a strong writer, confident editor, and excited to learn everything you can about B2B marketing. Along the way, you’ll get to collaborate with a team of content leaders, writers, editors, and designers at a hypergrowth software company.
This role is remote, but must be located in the United States.
What You’ll Do:
- Copyedit and review upcoming content to ensure it follows the Drift voice and our editorial standards
- Supplement our blog content by writing and editing social copy, emails, and newsletters
- Update and optimize high-performing content to help us reach more people
- Identify opportunities where we can repurpose existing content and present it in a new, compelling way
- Get certified in Conversational Marketing and Sales to build confidence in our methodology, product, and mission
- Learn how to work on a fast-paced content marketing team
Internship Requirements / What We Expect From You:
- Recent college grad or graduation date in 2021 or early 2022
- Availability to work 20-25 hours per week
- You’re a strong writer and a great copyeditor (nothing gets past you and you have a portfolio of work you’re proud to share)
- You’re thorough but you don’t agonize over edits – you turn things around quickly
- Experience writing/editing for SEO is a bonus but not required
- Experience with WordPress is a bonus but not required
- You’re curious about learning new things
- You practice extreme ownership and are comfortable working independently
- And last but not least, you must love the Oxford comma
Notes: Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork — and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Apply (or request more information): Apply today on LinkedIn!
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021
- D.C. United: Seeks Manager of Video Content - September 14, 2021
- Parlay Vous: Seeking Sales and Marketing Intern (Fall 2021) - September 10, 2021