Location: Remote (company based in New York, NY)
Dates: Summer 2021 (May – August)
About Us: Development Counsellors International (DCI), the leader in marketing places, is seeking a savvy digital intern to join our team 30 hours/week this summer (May – Aug) remotely and eventually in person, COVID-restrictions permitting. We are looking for candidates who reside in the Denver metro, NYC metro or Charleston SC areas.
We’re looking for a strong candidate who has a keen passion for places and a love for writing, with interest in B2B digital marketing, gaining agency experience and wants to have a chance to work with some amazing clients around the world, including the Netherlands, Texas, Southern California, and more.
This person will work closely with our digital marketing department on research, content creation, implementation and promotion strategies of client and DCI projects on various digital mediums.
Wondering if DCI is right for you?
Ideal Candidates Possesses These 5 Qualities:
- You love places. When you visit a place, it’s more than just getting a stamp on your passport. It’s about experiencing the culture and finding out what makes this place unique compared to others. And then once you find out what makes that place special, you tell all your friends on Facebook, on your blog, on Instagram and Snapchat…you name the medium, you’ve shared it.
- You’re curious. Alice might have said that “Curiosity often leads to trouble,” but that’s not our motto here. We want you to go through the looking glass and find new digital worlds for us to explore.
- You aren’t afraid to think big. Did you learn about an amazing digital marketing campaign that you’d like to try out with our clients? Recommend it. If you’re not afraid to think big, we’re not afraid to try it.
- You thrive on details. While you’re a big thinker, you know that sometimes the biggest bang for your buck is in getting the details right the first time, every time.
- You’re quirky as hell. Let’s face it, we aren’t boring and neither are our employees, so why would we settle for anything less than a bit of quirk?
- Fine-tune B2B content marketing skills via creating optimized social media content, website copy, blogs, videos and e-newsletters for DCI and clients
- Manage, monitor, and engage through DCI’s social media accounts
- Advance social media and digital marketing skills by implementing strategies and reporting on ROI
- Assist with reporting and list building for digital influencer campaigns
- Advance existing video production and editing skills through client projects
- Develop skills with digital marketing analytics
- Develop an understanding of DCI and our different divisions.
- Conduct fact-finding research for blogs, social media influencers, and backgrounders, as directed by manager
- Learn the basics of email marketing, including list development, content creation, distribution, and reporting
- Advance your knowledge of graphic design
- Prior digital marketing internship required
- MUST be an extremely strong writer and communicator
- Experience planning, managing, implementing and reporting on social media efforts preferred
- Video production and editing experience strongly preferred
- Impeccable organization, attention to detail and eagerness to work in a fast-paced environment
- A strong interest in places and digital marketing
- A self-starter who is independently-motivated and deadline oriented
- Possesses a keen eye for strong imagery
- A goal-oriented, “can-do” attitude and creative problem-solving abilities
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with social media scheduling programs like Hootsuite, Later, Sprout Social, etc. a plus
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS and Campaign Monitor a plus
- DCI pays Interns minimum wage
- Participate in office-wide professional trainings
- Named one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work”
- Creative, healthy, collaborative culture in a cool downtown Denver location
Apply (or request more information): If the above five qualities sound like you, and your experience fits the requirements, then send us your resume and 1-2 writing samples. Please also include a cover letter explaining your “passion for places” and how your past experience could align with this opportunity. Submit your information here: https://aboutdci.com/careers-at-dci/#op-440863-content–social-media-digital-marketing-intern
More info at www.aboutdci.com
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- CofC Grad School: Seeks Director of Marketing and Recruitment - October 24, 2021
- CofC Institutional Events: Seeks Administrative Support Specialist - October 10, 2021
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021