Location: Charleston, SC
Type of Employment: Part-Time, On-Campus
Compensation: $10 per hour
Position Description: The Yaschik/Arnold Jewish Studies Program seeks an energetic, organized College of Charleston student interested in pursuing a career in Jewish Communal Service, Development and Donor Relations, and/or event planning, to serve as the inaugural Jewish Studies Community Program Associate.
Under the supervision of the Jewish Studies Community Liaison, the Community Program Associate’s primary responsibilities will include event planning and execution, tasks relating to donor stewardship, Social Media marketing and engagement, assisting with Jewish Historical Society of South Carolina projects, and administrative duties such as mailings, as assigned.
- an interest in Jewish Communal Service, Fundraising, or Event Planning
- excellent attention to details
- good organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task
- ability to perform some manual labor; lift up to 40lbs
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- flexibility to work some evenings and weekends (limited Sunday mornings)
About the Program: The Yaschik/Arnold Jewish Studies Program aims to serve College of Charleston students and others with an interest in Judaism through offerings emphasizing academics, student life, and community outreach, in order that they may gain a greater understanding of themselves and of their community.
In addition to academic courses and student life activities, community outreach is a hallmark of the Jewish Studies Program. By sponsoring numerous events, lectures, discussions, and Sunday morning brunches that are open to the public, the Program serves as a bridge between the academic and broader South Carolina community.
Application Deadline: Applications close on May 15th, 2020 at 10:00 am
Apply (or see more information): Apply today! See the full job posting via the CofC Handshake Portal. If you have questions, or to apply, please email your resume to Mark Swick at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 843.953.4930.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021
- D.C. United: Seeks Manager of Video Content - September 14, 2021
- Parlay Vous: Seeking Sales and Marketing Intern (Fall 2021) - September 10, 2021