With Who: Athletics, College of Charleston
Location: Charleston, SC (TD Arena)
Dates: Fall 2021 – Spring 2022
Hours: 8 hours per week, plus 75% of all games and events
Compensation: $10 per hour (see more info below)
Position Description: (This is a paid internship.) The College of Charleston Athletic Department is seeking motivated students to apply for the Marketing & Ticketing Internship for the 2021-2022 school year. Interns must be current college/graduate students, but do not have to be students at the College of Charleston. The internship combines office duties and event experience to prepare you for a career in athletics, marketing, ticketing, event planning, etc. A large focus of the internship will be promoting athletic events to the student body at the College of Charleston. The internship will also include working in the ticket office on game days and running music on game days.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create marketing and promotional plans for assigned sports and games
- Execute game day promotions & help with sponsorship fulfillment on game day
- Assist with campus promotion and social media efforts to increase attendance at athletic events
- Find opportunities on campus and in the community to promote our athletic teams
- Work community events to promote CofC Athletics, such as Farmer’s Markets, festivals, etc.
- Answer the phone and assist customers with ticket purchases, questions, customer service issues, etc.
- Sell tickets to fans at Men’s Basketball and Baseball games
- Maintain inventory of giveaway items and marketing collateral
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong organizational and communication skills a must
- Willingness to talk to people and work as a team is very important
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Work at least 8 office hours a week plus 75% of all games and events
- You will be expected to work some games over holiday breaks, depending on the schedule
- Any planned trips, vacations, conflicts, etc. must be communicated in advance
Compensation Information: Students will be paid $10 an hour when working the ticket office on game days or when running music on game days. Students will rotate between job duties. Class credit is available. Student must apply and secure proper documentation to their advisor to receive class credit.
Apply (or request more information): Email email@example.com with your resume and class schedule for Fall 2021.