Location: Mt. Pleasant, SC
Employment Type: Full-time, Salaried
Position Description: Manage the development and implementation of an overarching digital media program, as well as individual campaigns that will increase awareness of the organization, its mission and programs with the overall objective of driving progress against the Society’s mission and development goals.
Work closely with Society colleagues who manage outreach to educators, veterans, current and prospective donors, and the public to develop and maintain a dynamic flow of communications through the Society’s digital channels, including social media, website and e-newsletters.
Track progress to share with Congressional Medal of Honor Society leadership and make recommendations for course changes. Experience with digital marketing and email cultivation funnels a priority.
In addition to overseeing the Society’s digital outreach, contribute to traditional earned media/PR campaigns.
The role also includes engaging with corporate sponsors and partners to facilitate alignment on communications and marketing efforts. The position reports to the Society’s Executive Director for Communications.
Background: The CMOHS is a private nonprofit organization whose mission is to preserve the legacy of the Medal of Honor and its Recipients, inspire Americans and veterans, and support the Recipients as they connect with communities across the Country.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has accrued substantive experience in social media and digital marketing but is looking to expand his or her portfolio. This is also a special and unique opportunity to support the legacy of the Medal of Honor and its Recipients and causes such as the health and wellness of veterans. Refer to www.cmohs.org for more details.
Specific Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Digital Media and Marketing:
- Develop, implement and manage CMOHS social media strategy in coordination with Executive Director, Communications.
- Manage and develop social media content maintaining a social media calendar.
- Measure the success of digital media channels and campaigns.
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies.
- Track and analyze SEO in order to provide effective solutions for attracting and nurturing prospects.
- Traditional Media and Public Relations:
- Collaborate on public relations strategy.
- Draft materials for media and leadership such as communications plans, talking points, press releases and media advisories.
- Engage with corporate sponsors and partners to facilitate alignment on public relations and marketing efforts.
Qualification/Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Additionally, the Digital Media Strategist must have:
- Practical knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Genuine commitment to the CMOHS mission.
- High level of attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience designing graphics, websites and other communication vehicles preferred.
- Experience developing messaging for an organization or campaign.
- Proven experience in social marketing and social fundraising.
- Desktop publishing experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Microsoft applications a big plus.
- Experience using website content management systems (e.g., Drupal, WordPress, Joomla, or Dreamweaver).
- Be available to work weekends and certain holidays.
- Have a valid Driver’s License.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) required and 2-5 years of non-profit or commensurate experience preferred working on organization’s digital media strategy. Military service or extensive knowledge of the military preferred. 3-5 years of experience as a social media strategist or similar role.
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary. Health, vision, and dental insurance offered to employee at no cost. 401K with 3% match.
Language Skills: Ability to communicate effectively with donors, board members, and co-workers alike. Ability to craft compelling messages. Ability and enthusiasm to communicate the CMOHS’s mission in one-on-one contact, as well as in other settings.
- Internal Contacts: CMOHS Board of Directors Outreach Committee Chairman, Recipients, Executive Directors of Operations, Education, and Healthcare, Directors of Education and Outreach, Managers of Travel, Education and Archives.
- External Contacts: Medal of Honor Foundation staff and, as needed, Board of Directors, consultants, veterans’ and other non-profit organizations, media, military public affairs offices, donors, community leaders, and collaborative organizations.
Application Deadline: August 20, 2021
Apply (or request more information): For more on this posting, or to apply, please visit the CofC Handshake portal.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021
- D.C. United: Seeks Manager of Video Content - September 14, 2021
- Parlay Vous: Seeking Sales and Marketing Intern (Fall 2021) - September 10, 2021