Location: North Charleston, SC
Type of Employment: Full-time, temporary
Hours: This is a full-time position from June 8, 2020 to June 7, 2021. The selectee will follow the CJCC work schedule. Typical hours are 8:30 – 5:00 Monday through Friday. Evenings and weekends as needed.
Position Description: (This is a paid position.) Position provided through the Charleston Area Service Collaborative sponsored by City of Charleston, Mayor’s Office for Children, Youth & Families. The VISTA selected has opportunities to meet and interact with other VISTA members and leaders within the Charleston area. Information about the Charleston County CJCC is available here. The Charleston CJCC is a core site of the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation Safety and Justice Challenge and as part of the CJCC team, the VISTA will have access to leading experts in the field.
Responsibilities: The VISTA will work with the CJCC to use data analysis and visualization to better engage the community in our local criminal justice system. Specific activities include:
- Become familiar with the CJCC, our strategic plan, past progress and current challenges
- Create data visualization and processes to guide CJCC workgroups and measure their effectiveness
- Create data visualization and processes for the CJCC public website
Necessary Skill Set: Beyond the desire to improve our world through service, our ideal candidate has these skills:
- Self-motivated, disciplined and flexible
- Data analysis, data visualization experience using programs such as Microsoft BI or Excel
- Ability to communicate data findings, verbally and visually
- Clear writing and organizational skills
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others of diverse backgrounds
- Holds Bachelor’s Degree, Masters Level Degree preferred
Compensation: AmeriCorps VISTA Associate receives a modest living allowance and health coverage. The details are here. At the completion of the one year, the VISTA is eligible for a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or stipend.
Deadline: May 1, 2020
Apply (or request more information): To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, include VISTA in subject line. Feel free to call to ensure application was received or for more information at (843) 529-7307. Deadline for application is May 1, 2020.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Introducing the Martin Scholars, Class of 2022 - June 9, 2021
- American Express Discovery Program (September 2021) - June 7, 2021
- Spoiled Yogi Marketing Agency: Seeking Marketing Intern (Summer 2021) - June 7, 2021