With Who: Charleston Miracle 2021-2022
Location: Charleston, SC (on-campus)
Dates: Fall 2021 – Spring 2022
Position Description: Hello and thank you so much for considering applying for the Vice President of Communications of Charleston Miracle 2021-2022! Your completed application is due no later than September 10, 2021.
The Vice President of Communications is responsible for helping to grow and plan our outreach and presence both inside and outside the College of Charleston campus. This person will oversee all internal and external communication of Charleston Miracle. The ideal candidate would be fluent in social media marketing, website editing, graphic design, press releases, and strategic communication. This position directly leads the Communications Committee Team.
- Utilize your team to reach out to the CofC community and beyond to explore new opportunities for involvement with Charleston Miracle
- Responsible for all communication that is shared on behalf of Charleston Miracle
- Brainstorm, plan, and assist your team to help them reach their goals, visions, and deadlines
- Oversee the brand usage of Charleston Miracle through social media, publicity and graphic design, as well as partners. Ensure the production of videos and marketing materials follows the branding of our organization.
- Assist Vice President of Finance in developing Charleston Miracle’s partnership program by offering customized packages to fit local and corporate sponsor needs.
- Develop communication materials for the external community that depicts the true nature of our organizations.
- Serve as the point of contact for any media & news sources for the organization including but not limited to press releases, interviews, etc.
- Work seamlessly with the Executive Board to ensure that events, organization, and brand are consistently communicated to all of our external constituents effectively (on multiple platforms) throughout the year
- Able to look at big picture goals, but have the detail-oriented mindset to make them happen. You are able to communicate these goals with Advisors and the Executive Board
- Responsible for working closely with the Executive Board and Communications Team to ensure that all communications and marketing follows the branding guidelines.
- Oversee and update the Charleston Miracle website with current events, announcements, and any other pertinent information
- Create strategic social media marketing and communication plans for major events/push weeks
- Must be a full-time College of Charleston student
- Must be able to maintain at least a 2.5 GPA
- Must remain in good standing with the College
- Must not be studying abroad during the Fall or Spring semesters
- Must not have another major leadership position within another student organization
- Must attend Executive Board, All Staff, and Branch-Specific Meetings
Application Deadline: No later than September 10, 2021.
Apply (or request more information): Check out this opportunity on CougarConnect today!
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- CofC Institutional Events: Seeks Administrative Support Specialist - October 10, 2021
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021
- D.C. United: Seeks Manager of Video Content - September 14, 2021