Location: North Charleston, SC
Type of Employment: Temporary, Full-Time, Hourly
Salary: $11.50 hourly
Position Description: The Charleston County Absentee Voting Division is seeking seasonal Election Worker – Office Specialists to assist in the upcoming November 3, 2020 Presidential General Election. The Absentee Division is a fast-paced environment; this is an excellent opportunity to work with a group of dynamic, well-organized and highly efficient individuals committed to the democratic process.
We are currently seeking dedicated and hard-working individuals for the temporary, full-time position of Office Specialist to be hired into:
- Absentee mail and in-person division
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing daily mail and filing secure documents
- Interacting with voters to change addresses and mail absentee ballots
- Data entry and accurately inputting correct information
- Handle emails and respond to voter questions via LiveChat software
NOTE: This is an extra-help, at-will assignment, paid on an hourly basis. Extra help employees are not guaranteed permanent status at the end of the assignment. Overtime is expected. The hourly wage starts at $11.50 an hour.
IMPORTANT: Charleston County has implemented best-practice guidelines in response to the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure safety of the general public and staff. Such measures include, but are not limited to, enforcing social distancing and providing staff with personal protective equipment, such as gloves, hand sanitizer, face masks, and sneeze guards.
- Ideal candidates will have customer service experience and have attention to detail, public speaking abilities, computer proficiency.
- Critical skills for all election positions include the ability to prioritize work, learn new jobs tasks quickly, and understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Two Saturday half-days will also be required. These positions may require weekend and evening work assignments. The selected individuals must be available for entire employment period until the completion of their assignment.
- The Absentee Division is an exciting, fast-paced environment, especially as elections approach. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a group of dynamic, well-organized, and highly efficient individuals committed to the democratic process.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Anyone may apply. Based on the information in the application a screening committee from the Elections Office will select those applicants whose education, experience, training and knowledge most closely match the needs of the department. A typing test and brief assessment will be required.
Apply (or request more information): Applications for this position will only be accepted online. If you are currently on the County’s website, you may click the “Apply” button. If you are not on the County’s website, please go to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/charlestoncounty to apply.
Note: This recruitment will remain open until the positions are filled. Apply immediately. You do not want to miss out on this opportunity to contribute to the democratic process!!
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- CofC Grad School: Seeks Director of Marketing and Recruitment - October 24, 2021
- CofC Institutional Events: Seeks Administrative Support Specialist - October 10, 2021
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021