With Who: Charleston County Government
Location: Charleston, SC
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Salary: Hiring Range: $56,000 – $71,531 (Estimated Annual Salary)
Position Description: The County Administrator is looking for a Communication Coordinator in Public Information Office. This position works independently and under the supervision of the Public Information Officer (PIO) and will act as the media point of contact for information and interview requests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist PIO with daily media requests by coordinating interviews with appropriate staff. Responding to Freedom of Information Act and 911 call requests from the media. Write/edit/review news releases to inform the public of County services, programs and initiatives.
- Managing Charleston County social media accounts daily; assisting in website content editing/development.
- Researching and preparing information for special projects and presentations.
- Assisting in planning and organizing special County events, media events and press conferences.
- Assisting departments with public education campaigns and graphic design; working in the Public Information Office during Emergency Operations Center activations is required.
- Providing help as needed to the PIO and County Administrator’s staff.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, English or related field.
- Three (3) or more years of professional experience in media or public relations.
- A strong background in writing/editing and/or journalism, social media and graphic design is a must. The position requires solid organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Prefer experience with, Adobe Creative Cloud software, photography and videography, with computer skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook.
- Ability to speak conversational Spanish is a plus. Must have a valid driver’s license; the ability to obtain a South Carolina license upon acceptance of the position is required.
Application Deadline: Applications close Monday, November 16, 2020 at 11:59 PM (EST).
Apply (or request more information): Apply today on the Charleston County Government Job Opportunities site!
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- CofC Institutional Events: Seeks Administrative Support Specialist - October 10, 2021
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021
- D.C. United: Seeks Manager of Video Content - September 14, 2021