With Who: Camp Happy Days
Location: Charleston, SC
Duration: 12 months (June 7th, 2021 – June 6th, 2022)
Position Description: The Digital Content and Events VISTA will help Camp Happy Days expand awareness of our work and increase engagement with our community. The Covid-19 pandemic has highlighted the need for Camp Happy Days to develop a stronger digital presence to keep our campers, families, donors, and community partners engaged with our work. The Digital Content and Events VISTA will support this by analyzing and improving Camp Happy Days’ digital presence, and by assisting with strategy and content for our website, social media, and email communication.
This need has been especially strong during the Covid-19 pandemic, but this VISTA’s work will benefit Camp Happy Days long into the future by allowing us to better serve families across South Carolina, especially those outside of Charleston, and to maintain connections with donors and volunteers who may not be located near us.
Responsibilities: Over the course of a year, the Digital Content and Events VISTA will…
- Help improve Camp Happy Days’ digital presence and connection to our community through our existing website, newsletters, and social media.
- Update and create content for www.camphappydays.org.
- Work with Camp Happy Days campers, their families, and volunteers to create a library of digital stories that share Camp Happy Days’ impact.
- Assist fundraising staff with planning and promoting special events.
- Participate in other Camp Happy Days activities, including some evening and weekend events, that support kids with cancer and their families. This may include our week of summer camp, teen and family weekends, day trips, virtual events, and fundraising events.
Qualifications: The Digital Content and Events VISTA should…
- Be committed to the service mission of the Americorps VISTA program, and to Camp Happy Days’ mission to support kids with pediatric cancer.
- Have experience in graphic or web design (WordPress), photography and/or videography, either through coursework, previous job or internship experience, or as a freelancer.
- Be able to write, edit, and proofread short articles.
- Be comfortable working with many different people, including children and families, volunteers, community organizations and businesses, other staff, and board members.
- Want to work in a fun, laid-back, but fast-paced environment.
- Be organized and self-motivated, and willing to take both leadership and team member roles.
- Represent Camp Happy Days responsibly at all times.
Apply (or request more information): This is an Americorps VISTA program that is funded for one year. All candidates must apply through Americorps’ egrants website. Please visit https://americorps.gov/serve/fit-finder/americorps-vista and scroll to the How To Apply section.
Interested applicants are also encouraged to contact Camp Happy Days directly. Please email Casey@camphappydays.com.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- A+ Staffing: Seeking Temp Workers for PGA Championship (May 15-23, 2021) - May 12, 2021
- Charleston Leaders: Seeking 2 Interns (Summer 2021) - May 12, 2021
- WCBD News 2: Seeking Digital Producer, News - May 11, 2021