The Center for Women is a non-profit that serves to educate and advocate so that women in the Charleston community are empowered to achieve personal and professional success.
We are looking for a Communication Intern to assist our team and support our mission. This will be a great opportunity to get valuable experience in digital communications—will include (but not be limited to) blogging and social media marketing via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn. This will involve creating and publishing content, developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic, customer service, and cultivating leads.
Interns should be able to commit 12-15 hours per week, although there is room for more flexible hours/duration. This internship is unpaid but provides the opportunity to attend all Center for Women events, network with some of the top professionals in Charleston, and be strongly considered for full-time positions after graduation.
- Engaging with the Center for Women’s online community
- Creating, scheduling, and publishing content across all social media channels
- Researching and writing blog content
- Analyze and report social media results
- Research and monitor the social media efforts of similar organizations and community partners
- Coordinating with the C4W supervisor for online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Collaborating with staff on projects and assignments
- Best practices for monitoring, posting, and tracking analytics on social networks
- Workflow for social media communications
- Effective strategies to increase traffic, brand awareness, and content engagement
- Must be a student currently enrolled in a degree seeking program and able to receive college credit for internship hours
- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses experience in writing and able to provide two writing samples
- Skilled in presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
To apply, email your cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and social media profile link(s) to email@example.com.
Cierra SeidCierra Seid
- Media Relations Internship with Milwaukee Brewers - December 20, 2018
- Research Scholars Opportunity with University of Delaware - December 13, 2018
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing Intern - December 13, 2018