With Who: ABB
Location: Atlanta, GA or Cary, NC or remote
Employment Type: Full-time, Salaried
Position Description: The role of EL Media Relations Manager, US to serve as a spokesperson for the EL business in the United States managing relationships with trade media and industry analysts.
Reporting to the Director of External Communication, US, you will be responsible for a range of strategic and tactical responsibilities in active and reactive media relations, events, and planning. The position will develop communication tools including messaging, talking points, press releases, fact sheets and will distribute the stories externally. As the leading business in the US, the EL Media Relations Manager will also support the U.S. country external communication function when necessary.
Ideal candidates for this role will be based in Atlanta, GA or Cary, NC however we will consider a remote option for strong candidates who may not be domiciled in our preferred locations.
- Obtains news topics from businesses, divisions and headquarters and prioritizes and plans optimum dissemination of content through trade media, internal communications or social media channels
- Sets media priorities, proper tactics and sets creative direction for content development. Personally conceives of and authors original content for all channels. Creates an editorial calendar for meeting department objectives and improving measurable results
- Works with global, country and business teams to create and manage announcements and campaigns, media strategy and media measurement
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with trade media, bloggers, key influencers, and industry analysts
- Manages the content coordination and approval process
- Responsible for executing media plan which is aligned with the group strategy
- Supports the Director of External Communications, US when needed for national media relations, major events or crisis
- Researches, writes and edits press releases, new briefs, media alerts, blog posts and other web content, questions, internal stories, statements, letters and other documents
- Conducts telephone and on-camera interviews or provides holding statements to media as directed
- Organizes PR events, such as news conferences and media efforts at trade shows and local events
- Building consensus across multiple stakeholders and managers in order to get the approvals needed to keep content flowing
- Highly matrixed global organization that requires flexibility in style/approach, working in multiple time zones, embracing cultural diversity
- Ability to work on several large projects concurrently, and often under pressure, as well as to prioritize as necessary
- Comfortable in a fast-paced global environment with constantly changing priorities
- Organization driven by bias towards engineering and operations vs communications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, public relations, journalism, mass communication, or related area; with minimum 8+ years communication experience in a corporate/agency setting working in a media relations capacity on a national level within a large company
- Possess strong media contacts with demonstrable experience in media relations. In-depth experience in proactive and reactive media relations, developing campaigns, writing plans, and result reporting a plus
- Strong feature and news media writing skills with the ability to produce writing samples and superb oral communication skills. Creative, speech writing and similar experience are pluses
- Existing knowledge of AP Style and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Expertise working in manufacturing, industrial, or electrification environments highly desirable
- Strategic thinking and planning skills to develop short- and long-range integrated strategies, wide knowledge of, demonstrable interest in the business and how it operates; agility to work across a diverse of multi media channels including social media to effectively deliver the appropriate message
- Ability to effectively interact and counsel senior management and internal/external constituencies with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to travel up 20% based upon business needs on average 2- 4 major events annually
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More About Us: ABB’s Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy in 100+ countries where the Electrification Business Area operates. Our 10,000 sales & marketing employees connect our customers and partners to our innovative portfolio of products, services and solutions. Our domain expertise and global footprint enable us to support our customers with solutions that address their current needs, while anticipating how emerging trends such as urbanization, digitalization and the shift to sustainable energy will impact their future needs.
Apply (or request more information): For more detailed information on this posting, or to apply, please visit the ABB Careers site.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- CofC Grad School: Seeks Director of Marketing and Recruitment - October 24, 2021
- CofC Institutional Events: Seeks Administrative Support Specialist - October 10, 2021
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021