Program Dates and Fee:
May 15 – May 29, 2022 | $2,940* (subject to change and does not include tuition or airfare)
Students take the following course:
- ARTH 290: Traditional Craft in Art and Architecture (3 credits)
College of Charleston students will be immersed in a practical preservation skills building environment that has been developed by the Prince of Wales. Dumfries House is home for the Prince’s Foundation (https://dumfries-house.org.uk/blog/page/188/the-princes-foundation-a-new-beginning). In Glasgow and Edinburgh, through interactive tours and drawing exercises, students will gain a knowledge of historic architecture and will come to understand historic preservation efforts in various contexts from the local to World Heritage. Practical exercises on the Dumfries House campus will give students first-hand experiences in traditional crafts such as black-smithing, thatching and stone masonry all with an eye towards utilizing these skills in applications on projects at home and abroad.
Please contact Dr. Grant Gilmore at email@example.com if you have any questions about this program.
Financing Summer Study Abroad:
- In-state residents pay the in-state tuition rate.
- Out-of-state residents pay the in-state tuition rate plus 30% for courses associated with summer study abroad programs.
- The Center for International Education offers scholarships from $500 – $2,000. Eligibility is based on demonstrated financial need, academic merit, 2 faculty recommendations and a personal statement. Learn more here.
- You may be eligible for additional financial aid during the summer term.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2022