Program Dates and Fee:
June 5 – July 1, 2022 | $4,995* (subject to change and does not include tuition or airfare)
Students take the following courses:
- HONS 390: Special Topics: Evidence-Based Medicine (3 credits)
- Honors Immersed Research Experience (0 credit)
Honors students can live and study for 4-weeks in Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal. Choose from two course opportunities (or both) including an Advanced Special Topics course, HONS 390: Evidence-Based Medicine (three-credits) and a zero-credit (no tuition) Honors Immersed research opportunity focused on evaluating how the built environment supports active living within Lisbon. Instruction will be tailored to focus on specific healthcare issues, relevant public health policy, and unique city infrastructure within Lisbon. Not only will this program include guest lectures from Portuguese professors, national, and local government agencies but we will also participate in co-curricular excursions like a biking tour and a cooking class, as well as a day trip to a nearby historic palace and gardens.
Program Directors, Dr. Morgan Hughey and Dr. Kate Pfile, share more about this faculty-led program in this short video
Financing Summer Study Abroad:
- In-state residents pay the in-state tuition rate.
- Out-of-state residents pay the in-state tuition rate plus 30% for courses associated with summer study abroad programs.
- The Center for International Education offers scholarships from $500- $2,000. Eligibility is based on demonstrated financial need, academic merit, 2 faculty recommendations and a personal statement. Learn more here.
- You may be eligible for additional financial aid during the summer term.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2022
Study Abroad 101 OAKS Course
Ready to learn more about studying abroad? Self-register for our Study Abroad 101 OAKS Course! Once you log into OAKS through MyCharleston, click on Self Register in the top right corner. Select Study Abroad 101 and review all of the modules and learn more about study abroad!