Program Dates and Fee:
Maymester or Summer 1 | Program fee coming soon* (Will not include tuition or airfare)
Students take the following course:
- TRANS 360: The Panama Canal: Its Impact on Global Trade
With the Panama Canal Expansion project now completed, global trade will be profoundly impacted in the areas of global logistics, distribution and transportation as well as real estate development and infrastructure. The study tour will include lectures by global experts in economic development and commerce as well as site visits to the Canal, international companies, and new multi-use commercial real estate developments. Students will also experience Panamanian culture through visits to important historical sites, group meals, and personal exploration.
Please contact Dr. Kent Gourdin at GourdinK@cofc.edu if you have any questions about this program.
Financing Summer Study Abroad:
- In-state residents pay the in-state tuition rate.
- Out-of-state residents pay the in-state tuition rate plus 30% for courses associated with summer study abroad programs.
- The Center for International Education offers scholarships from $500- $2,000. Eligibility is based on demonstrated financial need, academic merit, 2 faculty recommendations and a personal statement. Learn more here.
- You may be eligible for additional financial aid during the summer term.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2022
Study Abroad 101 OAKS Course
Ready to learn more about studying abroad? Self-register for our Study Abroad 101 OAKS Course! Once you log into OAKS through MyCharleston, click on Self Register in the top right corner. Select Study Abroad 101 and review all of the modules and learn more about study abroad!