Program Dates and Fee:
May 11 – June 8, 2022 | Program fee coming soon* (will not include tuition)
Students take the following course:
- ENGL 339: The Travel Memoir: Writing In and Of Place
- ENGL 360: The Italian Image in 19th Century American Literature
Join us in Spoleto, Italy for our month-long program in travel writing and American literature. We’ll stay in a 15th-century villa overlooking the Italian countryside, explore Spoleto, travel throughout the country, and enjoy the culinary pleasures of Italy through private tastings and cooking classes. The program fee includes everything from round trip airfare to our stay in the villa, from a long weekend in Florence to cooking classes, from tours of area wineries to day hikes in the Umbrian hills, rail passes for weekend travel (a must while in Italy!), and so much more. The two courses offered will offer you six (6) CofC credits and the experience of a lifetime. Learn more here: https://spoletocharleston.wixsite.com/mysite
Please contact Professor Bret Lott at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Scott Peeples at email@example.com if you have any questions about this program.
Financing Summer Study Abroad:
- In-state residents pay the in-state tuition rate.
- Out-of-state residents pay the in-state tuition rate plus 30% for courses associated with summer study abroad programs.
- The Center for International Education offers scholarships from $500- $2,000. Eligibility is based on demonstrated financial need, academic merit, 2 faculty recommendations and a personal statement. Learn more here.
- You may be eligible for additional financial aid during the summer term.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2022