Program Dates and Fee:
May 10-June 15, 2022 | Price coming soon (will not include tuition)
Students choose two of the following courses:
- SPAN 275: Spanish Skills Review
- SPAN 320: Introduction to Textual Analysis
- SPAN 328: Spanish Language Study Abroad
- SPAN 333: Topics in Hispanic Cultures
Candidate interviews required pre-acceptance and students must demonstrate language proficiency
The best way to learn a language is to be fully immersed in it. Spend the extended summer earning CofC credit while taking language and culture classes in Trujillo, Spain. Classes are held in the Coria, a 15th century restored convent and you will live with host families in Trujillo, offering them an extraordinary opportunity to improve fluency in Spanish and experience the Spanish culture firsthand. Language classes will be integrated with experiences outside of the classroom. In addition to visits to local sites of interest, there will be excursions to other cities throughout the program.
Program Director, Dr. Susan Divine & Devon Hanahan, shares more about this faculty-led program in this short video
Financing Summer Study Abroad:
- In-state residents pay the in-state tuition rate.
- Out-of-state residents pay the in-state tuition rate plus 30% for courses associated with summer study abroad programs.
- The Center for International Education offers scholarships from $500 – $2,000. Eligibility is based on demonstrated financial need, academic merit, 2 faculty recommendations and a personal statement. Learn more here.
- You may be eligible for additional financial aid during the summer term.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2022
Study Abroad 101 OAKS Course
Ready to learn more about studying abroad? Self-register for our Study Abroad 101 OAKS Course! Once you log into OAKS through MyCharleston, click on Self Register in the top right corner. Select Study Abroad 101 and review all of the modules and learn more about study abroad!