Program Dates and Fee:
May 11-May 27, 2022 | Program Fee coming soon* Will not include tuition)
Students take the following course:
- BIOL 449/619: Biology of Coral Reefs
This course will be a unique experiential study abroad experience to introduce students to the natural and human ecology of the tropics. Instruction will be provided through lectures before and during travel, readings, class discussions on selected topics, and natural history combined with closely supervised SCUBA excursions to select coral reefs. It will follow the general format of OTS (Organization for Tropical Studies) field courses in Costa Rica in which an emphasis is placed on learning through field experiences.
This course is limited to 6 students due to the complex travel and logistics of SCUBA diving in the Dampier Straits of Raja Ampat.
Please contact Dr. Phil Dustan at DustanP@cofc.edu if you have any questions about this program.
Financing Summer Study Abroad:
- In-state residents pay the in-state tuition rate.
- Out-of-state residents pay the in-state tuition rate plus 30% for courses associated with summer study abroad programs.
- The Center for International Education offers scholarships from $500- $2,000. Eligibility is based on demonstrated financial need, academic merit, 2 faculty recommendations and a personal statement. Learn more here.
- You may be eligible for additional financial aid during the summer term.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2022