Program Dates and Fee:
June 16-July 15, 2022 | $6,900* (does not include tuition or airfare)
Students take the following courses:
- HIST 241: Great Britain and Europe since 1914
- POLI 359: Remembering a Europe in Crisis
Study this summer on site in the United Kingdom in London at the Foundation for International Education. Both courses will focus on the historical and contemporary relationship between Europe, the European Union, and Great Britain. You will explore “Brexit” as a centerpiece of the program and major topics such as immigration, London as a global finance capital, environmental policy and sustainability, and the British experience during the two great world wars. Spend a month learning and exploring in modern and historic locations.
Financing Summer Study Abroad:
- In-state residents pay the in-state tuition rate.
- Out-of-state residents pay the in-state tuition rate plus 30% for courses associated with summer study abroad programs.
- The Center for International Education offers scholarships from $500 – $2,000. Eligibility is based on demonstrated financial need, academic merit, 2 faculty recommendations and a personal statement. Learn more here.
- You may be eligible for additional financial aid during the summer term.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2022
Study Abroad 101 OAKS Course
Ready to learn more about studying abroad? Self-register for our Study Abroad 101 OAKS Course! Once you log into OAKS through MyCharleston, click on Self Register in the top right corner. Select Study Abroad 101 and review all of the modules and learn more about study abroad!