Program Dates and Fee:
July 28-August 10, 2022 | Program fee coming soon* (Will not include tuition)
Students take the following course:
- CHEM 483: Water Quality Chemistry for Sustainability (3 credits)
- ENVT 352: Special Topics: Environmental and Sustainability Studies: Cultural Impacts on Water (3 credits)
- EVSS 595: Special Topics in Environmental and Sustainability Studies: Cultural Impacts on Water (3 credits)
Students must have completed CHEM 101 & 102 or CHEM 111 & 112 (or equivalent)
Spend the end of your summer studying water quality and sustainability in Ecuador. Sustainability and water quality will be studied in two of the four eco-regions – the Amazon basin and the high Andes. During this program students will spend two weeks sampling different bodies of water from rivers and water sources in Quito, Puyo, Tena and Banos. The impact of tourism, farming, culture, and industrialization on water will be explored. Along with site visits, students will also get to go zip-lining and visit cultural sites. Don’t miss out on this unique way to earn CofC credits!
Please contact Dr. William Veal- firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Katherine Mullaugh- email@example.com if you have any questions about this program.
Financing Summer Study Abroad:
- In-state residents pay the in-state tuition rate.
- Out-of-state residents pay the in-state tuition rate plus 30% for courses associated with summer study abroad programs.
- The Center for International Education offers scholarships from $500- $2,000. Eligibility is based on demonstrated financial need, academic merit, 2 faculty recommendations and a personal statement. Learn more here.
- You may be eligible for additional financial aid during the summer term.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2022